Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, March 5, 2001

March 5, 2001


           A day in the bunker, then into RHI, but I got no tests done. They gave me the same runaround as a year ago—if I don’t know ACCPACC or Peachtree, then I don’t know nothing. Afterward, I went to Church (Churchill’s Pub) and heard a band from Central America. Good tunes, but I don’t start over at my age unless I have to.

           [Author’s note 2016-02-15: the bunker is slang for the office, which had no exterior windows. RH is Robert Half, the accounting temp people. I was looking for work, remember, I was only a temp at the electric company. A very highly paid temp.
           The focus on accounting programs eventually centered on Quickbooks. Robert Half are dumb, they could have got an experienced payroll accountant if they had not so fixated on specific software experience. Those programs are clerical in nature. Nor did I care for the focus on whether or not one had a Florida driver’s license.
           I had not yet learned to walk out of places that require an accountant to have a driver’s license for the job. Not Robert Half's business whether I even know how to drive. I’m not the delivery boy.
           As for the band, what I meant about starting over is learning that new brand of music. These bands are great musicians, but the polish wears off too quickly. As for the old music, why I’ll start over as many times as I have to.]


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++