Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, January 31, 2003

January 31, 2003



           Here’s the Reb ten years ago. This was in California somewhere, because she had her hair dyed red for some movie role. She is a natural blue-eyed blonde, just like me. That photo album she is glancing through got stolen out of my Cadillac in Miami around a year ago.
           My house-hunting isn’t going so great. What I have now is expensive, but it’s quiet. Easily worth the extra $150 to me, but I can’t get my work done. [Referring to the current place being too small.] Which means P21 [Project 21] spends another costly month in storage.

           [Author’s note: it comes back to me now. Project 21 was the 8 month task of counting to 1,000,000 just to see if it could be done. It could, and when finished, it weighed so much that it required a storage bin. Later we put it into display cases and took it to California.]

           I’m halfway through “Warbirds”. These books by retired military personnel are much alike, and that’s why I prefer history to novels. History doesn’t waste every third sentence. Does it really matter if the new base commander is bald? Is every hero a loose cannon who‘s wife and daughter died in a car crash?

           This appears to be a reference to my retirement plan.] The good news is I seem to again be meeting P81 quotas, despite my almost double cost of living. This plan is very important because it answers a question I’ve had since I was 16, “If you’re are going to have nothing, why not have nothing in California?”
           I shall try to give a better background of P21 in the entry of 2/1/03.

           This [the following] appears to be a reference to my retirement plan. The good news is I seem to again be meeting P81 quotas, despite my almost double cost of living. This plan is very important because it answers a question I’ve had since I was 16, “If you’re are going to have nothing, why not have nothing in California?” (The version that became popular was that I said, "Why can't we have nothing in California?" But I never actually said it that way. It was RofR misquoting me.)
           I shall try to give a better background of P21 in the entry of 2/1/03.

           [Author's note 2018: this post would probably be a note from my desk calendar adapted as a blog entry. I had no blog on this date, I'm usually not the first person to trust any new technology, so the original was undoubtedly hand written. I wonder where I get that from, not trusting something just because it is new?]

           [Author's note 2018: zoom ahead 15 years and the richest self-made women in America who are not billionaires (yet) are:

                    • Vera Wang ($630 million)
                    • Tory Burch ($600 million)
                    • Madonna ($580 million)
                    • Marissa Mayer ($540 million)
                    • Donna Karan ($470 million)
                    • Celine Dion ($400 million)
                    • Barbra Streisand ($390 million)
                    • Beyonce ($350 million)
                    • Judy Sheindlin, a.k.a. “Judge Judy” ($300 million)
                    • Taylor Swift ($280 million)

           And I've never heard of three of them, another three I only know because they are musicians, and one who apparently is a musician but I didn't know it. I looked at their photos and number two ain't bad, but not as hot has my ex was. See photo. But the only one I'd recognize in person is Taylor.]