Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, September 16, 2004

September 16, 2004

           This post is not the original. I spent the day in the hospital.

           It was ten years ago today I almost quit my job and moved to this town. The photo is more recent, but digital photos of John Day, Oregon, were hard to find in 2004. The company I worked for then had put only our department back on heavy rotating shift work because there was one lady in the entire floor who was working two jobs and falling asleep at her desk all day.

           I had never been to John Day, but I knew the area in southern Washington state. That area is a rain shadow desert, but I'd seen places for sale in the Oregon interior that were reasonable. But I never got to John Day until 2013, and even then during an early winter storm. Strange how it works out.