Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, September 7, 2004

September 7, 2004

           The only time I've ever been to Don Shula's. The department won some award of the month and we met up at this fancy restaurant. Shula was, I'm told, a well-known sports star among those who know their sports stars. The food was excellent. Oddly, they do not serve bread with the meal. I described this as "some obscure American custom that, for some reason, I'd never seen or heard of before".
           This date was also relevant to fans of nude women. This dates issue was the last time Playbody magazine featured pictures of "the girl next door" variety. Here is some lady called Carmella. The girl next door for those who live next door to a whorehouse.
           Some guys would huff and puff at my statement that I've never in my life ever bought a Playboy magazine. And it is true. These magazines exist for the type of men for whom sex with an athletic young woman exists as a fantasy only. And that's my brothers, not me. I've played in a band since age 12. I never needed pictures.
           However, I find it interesting that this date is chosen as the day Playboy switched "from innocent to iniquitous" because I see a lady who is not that pretty at all. I guess I felt that women who posed nude should represent some type of ideal instead of just to sell magazines to voyeurs.
          In fact, the downhill slide had been going on for years, as these women pursued the free car and motorcycle. To this very day, when I think of a nude woman, I just don't see a a twenty-two year old half-white girl with breast implants who does football quarterbacks when she isn't staging fake wrestling acts. Here is her photo.
           Don't look for it in September 2004. Apparently she is Playmate of the Year this date around this date, not necessarily in that issue. How the hell would I know? At least there is no tattoo.