Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, July 28, 2008

July 28, 2008


           I would have biked past this vehicle and wondered what they would do next to sell golf carts, when I noticed the real copyrighted “Hummer” symbol on the side. I pulled over to investigate. It is a street-legal unit that will hit 40 mph using sixteen 12-volt batteries. Yes, it is built by Hummer and will cost you $15,000. There is no canopy. The wheels and tires are ordinary stock. You can rent it on Dixie Hwy, Hollywood, FL. Just north of Washington Street,
           Both Wallace and I will tell you that setting up a new place is not as carefree or easy as they tell you. Compared to last year, we have not been on any outings yet, and what a pity if Wallace does not see Lake Okeechobee. Last year we visited the majority of south and west Florida. I think Millie-Belle has adapted fine to the weather, but Wallace thinks it is too hot for her. No doubt dogs can get along better in a cold climate, hey, they are covered with fur.

           Keep in mind that unlike myself, Wallace has fond memories of Canada. I do not. This is not due to differences in perception. I worked there for a massive corporation and had very little control over who I was stationed next to, while Wallace was an independent contractor. There are exceptions in any population but I am not referring to those others. I worked beside Canadian Joe Average for years. I view Canada as little more than a breeding ground for bad laws, disgusting taxes and self-pitying people who think you should feel the same.
           One of the strangest aspects of Canada was the socialized school system. Most people know that Canadian medical is “free” (after you’ve paid 61 per cent of your income in taxes). Well, grade school there is much the same. Thus, you get hordes of people educated beyond their intellect. The most stupid, asinine, third-rate laborer in a lumber yard can read and write. He never does, but he can. That is, he can read but not comprehend, he can write but can’t spell. It is hard to imagine the overall loss to society for the money wasted on such people.

           Additionally, I found Canada to be a place where majority rule is manipulated to an insufferable degree, simply because they have assured the majority must consist of people like the laborer just mentioned. The Canadians have successfully substituted equality for fairness. Would you want a jury of such “peers”? They don’t live in igloos but for their abilities to come up with original thought, most of them might as well.
           After work, Jackie and Will invited me up to Boston Johnny’s for the Karaoke show. We stayed an hour and I sang two tunes. The song list was totally country and most of it I did not recognize. I stopped at the Tavern (that’s the name of the place I’m booked) and it does not look like they are going to ready for tomorrow. There is still wet paint and tape on the carpet. I used the remainder of the evening to double check all my equipment. I’ll need a light show of some kind. My current setup consists of one blue spotlight.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++