Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2, 2009

           I found my missing camera, so stay tuned for contemporary photos. Until then, here is another of the ever-popular shots of my ex. It was the state of photography back then that her hair looks somewhat brunette. Of course, we were in the basement bedroom, but never you mind. She is a natural light blonde and did use slight red highlights, as that was considered desirable in actresses a few years ago. That’s red on blonde, not red on any other color, for those in danger of mistaking what I said. It seems redheads with proportional figures were hard to find. My ex was the most proportionate of that generation.
           The video surveillance equipment (at the shop) has been turned off, as without a sale it kind of just wastes electricity. I’m gaining experience and one of the biggest barriers seems to be the requirement to leave a dedicated computer running 24 hours a day. Yet this is a fraction of the cost of the minimum $40 needed for a do-nothing account from a regular alarm company. Do-nothing means when they detect an event, they call you and that is it. Hopefully you will be near your phone and can respond.
           Our system is quite different. You would get the alert yourself by a variety of different methods, and the message would indicate the nature of the warning. Fire, motion, etc. You can then log via the Internet and view your premises. This obviates having to drive over there to check for false alarms. What I’m after is the costs, and this system can easily be set up for a few hundred dollars if you have a suitable computer already.
           I took Mr. T, the top gun, over to view the four small shops, this is my plan to have all four places share a single alarm system. Shows you that at least I’m thinking. It is an eight camera system with each place initially having one camera. The experiment is to see if it is better to have all four share one unit, or to have one person in control and then “rent” the system to the others. There are up to six locations in the strip mall, including G’s Place, the landmark pub on the corner.

           I’m zonked, a delayed after-effect of my recent medical work. Blog rules say I have to mention it, but don’t dwell long over it. Five days later, I’m drained of energy, it’s like I just ran the marathon and the old system is saying, “time to watch some Roy Rogers”. So we did precisely that, and those movies are terrible, they are so trite it is almost comedic to watch. The producer has plainly told the writers to come up with scripts that match stock footage.
           This is not as easy at it seems, because old Roy was just not that talented. Even Trigger can only do three or four tricks. And Dale Evans can’t show much more than a pretty face. So they resort to contrived scenes, like Roy being invited to “Helldorado” in Nevada, to perform the same routine for a different crowd. In this episode, Roy is chasing “underground money”, defined as money that “has not been reported for tax purposes”. It is not counterfeit, but is purchased at a discount. I would like to know more, please. Put me down for a couple of wheelbarrowfulls.

           Is this an interesting new movie, “An Education”? An authoress recounts her relationship when she was 16 with an older man who was 30. She clearly states that everything in the association was her decision, from the first kiss to losing her virginity. This flies in the face of American news media, particularly when she goes on to state the benefits she received, such as the parties and people she would otherwise never experience.
           Just think, not dating someone her own age meant she missed out on the high school drug parties and the back seat of a ’92 Corolla. We just can’t have that, or the future lawmakers of America would never get any. Now quit asking questions. The story will set off howls among our TV-educated masses about her “youth and innocence”. Really? The movie is set in London, England. If they want it to sell in America, they’ll have to rename it “Night of the Predator” or likewise. The millions in our society who never amount to anything simply must have someone to blame it all on.

           Who has heard of “Old Bocephus”? Not me, and until I looked it up today I would hardly think of it as a term of endearment. It is listed as the nickname Hank Williams gave his son. I suppose it is better than anything my old man ever called me. It does point out the difference between musicians like myself and the rest of the pack. I couldn’t give a ratz ass when so-and-so was born or the title of his/her first album. The only thing that matters to me is what each individual song sounds like. And that is that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++