Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011


           Not that I ever was a fan of changing car models every year, for it takes a certain dent in one’s IQ to get concerned with that. I mean, I recognize classics like a Mustang, but could at best place it within a decade. Which are you? Let’s put it to the test. Take a gander at this rather expensive-looking station wagon. What do you see? I see a hearse.
           Ah, new knowledge, I’m quite fond of new knowledge. I’ve learned what a millicandela rating is, abbreviated mcd. If any of you have been inspired to tinker with LEDs by my recent work, you’ll have noticed some LEDs are brighter than others, the brightest (and most expensive) appearing to be the blue ones. The LEDs are rated by mcd, ranging from 10 to 20,000 at the brightest. All this I found while confirming my theory about resistors and LEDs was correct. I still have limited understanding of why experiment 003 failed.
           Here’s something ponderable. I have every written instance of my work on file somewhere, but I regularly lose or misplace computer files. Sadly, one of those files was my extensive work titled, “There are 27 Letters in the English Alphabet”. It details the importance of the blank space “before, between, and after” words, that foreign languages sometimes lack this convenience, and why that blank space is necessary.

           The Englishman Berners-Lee who “invented” the Internet browser didn’t understand the significance of the blank and has already inflicted twenty years of his stupidity on the planet. Try to place two consecutive blanks in html, you’ll see. That’s part of the reason I consider hyphenated surnames as a telltale sign of inbreeding. If there had been a blank, Lee might not have been born. Bwaa-ha-ha-ha. (Deep humor there, son.)
           Yet these two blanks in a row are part of nearly every written sentence in the English world. Lee didn’t know that, yet they let the klutz work around nuclear energy! People who can’t type using a typewriter, but then, we also let them use birth control and drive cars. I even documented how often you get that kind of bozo in England, highly degreed using daddy’s money, but rated zero at understanding the consequences of their own ineptitude. In America we call such people “politicians”.

           [Author’s note: for those who have no idea what the following as about, let me explain. During the early part of the century, me and a friend counted out one million toothpicks to see what it looked like. There are sporadic referrals to that project all through this journal. We had no provisions for storing these large, heavy containers. But for transporting them, we had the venerable Ford Taurus.]

           The toothpick cases are deteriorating, my least favorite six-syllable word. For that reason, I contacted several (American) engineering firms about having a small mold made to hold the toothpicks in a square. The original picks are held by a rubber band, which were cheap in Florida since we used the tiny ones meant to keep hair braids in place. The best response was from the “Plastics Resource Group” . They have stated they can produce the piece at a cost of $2,500 for the prototype, which I know to be reasonable after totaling the true cost and delays of dealing with overseas suppliers.
           The inevitable design changes are $120 each, and the actual pieces another $1,500 to $2,000. I told them that will have to wait for a while, as we are looking at close to $5,000 which is more than twice the outlay for the entire project. The idea I have in mind is a square with interlocking tabs that could be twisted or snapped together to build up the larger squares. When I got to the end, I would slice off the last protruding tab. But the cost is too high for now. I would require complete stability of my home situation before that adventure could even begin. I’m working on it.

           I believe the new mold would also make the display lighter than 650 pounds, as the current containers are needed to hold the picks in place. The mold would turn the casing into decoration only. It would also allow a “block” of 10,000 toothpicks (100x100) to be picked up, something that is impossible right now. I would also need a small interior and comfortable room to begin the year-long process of transferring the tooth picks over. That is not so easy when one is surrounded by jackasses who have no concept of what a year-long project is, but again, I’m working on it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++