Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013

           Texting while driving. See this doofus on his bicycle? See that signpost in the yellow oval? He didn’t. Darwin had a lot to say about the types of humans that had to relearn the same lessons every generation. If Nikon built a camera that was truly easy to use, I would have got this on video. I went out for breakfast again before beginning my search for a 60 Amp breaker. I could just go to Barnet’s but that’ll cost big time.
           What’s happening is although I’m past the fever part of this flu, the sniffles and dry throat have been around a week already. Cough drops are okay, provided by end of the second day you don’t mind everything tasting like menthol. Unless I get inspired this is going to be a long and peaceful day at home.
           So, an executive loses his job for doing what the parents wouldn’t—discipline their brat. Sorry, I’ve had enough flights ruined by some stupid couple letting their brood run wild on the plane. The parents should be slapped. There are few things worse than Mr. & Mrs. Modern Couple proving they are full of compassionate parenthood while aggravating everyone around them.
           Don’t hand us that crap that kids can be kept in line by reasoning and good example, anyone who says so doesn’t have a clue. The way I was raised, the first time you ever scream in public was the last time. Because it turns your ass so red from the razor strop you didn’t sit down for two days. Let me assure you, it works. My ruling is the entire episode is the fault of irresponsible parents. That is who should be punished and disciplined.
           And shame of AGC for firing the guy, you are a bunch of wusses. He was traveling on his own ticket, making the matter none of your business. Start firing people for being prejudiced on their off hours and there won’t be an employee left in the nation. I suggest anyone who says they don’t dislike at least one race or culture is insane or running for office, or insecure to the point of paranoia. And as usual, no wimp will ever say what he really thinks if he is being recorded.
           It’s President’s Day, they say. The banks are closed. I went for a twelve mile bike ride and didn’t see anybody celebrating. Wait, I did see two harsh-looking women posers as I sped past Starbucks. Crimped hair, permanent scowls, dressed for success, and totally alone with each other. I never got a glance from them, not driving a Porsche or anything. How do these women go for coffee when neither of them had a book, pencil, or paper? What do they talk discuss? Why am I asking rhetorical questions.
           So I got back home and recorded two tunes. Not my own tunes, but music to remind myself there is a great gal out there somewhere looking for me. This is going on my seventh year in a trailer court. I had not planned on that. Then again, if I’d knuckled down, left Colorado until next year, and had trusted the right people, I’d have been out of here last March. What really got lost was my expectations. I stress that my place here is completely comfortable. I regularly fall asleep in my shirtsleeves in the armchair and the IQ is three times room temperature.
           Ray-B has mentioned the musician page on CL has gone completely downhill. I scrolled through the top three pages. Commercial posts have taken over although it never was really a great place to link up with musicians. The rare ad actually looking for a band is usually some over-opinionated guitarist. I tell you, when I find the right guitarist, I’m going to take this town by storm. I’ve been saying that since 2006 and that gives you an idea of how few open-minded musicians exist here. One guy today said his band had “good re them” and this level of education is typical around here.
           Blog rules again, I must mention strong shoulder and chest pains. I’ve got a real aversion to medications that work overnight, so when something goes wrong this late, I endure it. That means I don’t even have some interesting book data to share since reading was out of the question. It is the flu, or the aftermath of the flu and half the gang who have it say their $45 flu shots did not prevent a thing. Check tomorrow, for if I am still awake by midnight, I’ll likely read an encyclopedia or something. This no-sleep behavior and I go back a long, long ways.
           In fact, let me explain that. I was raised in a mad-house where the peasants took turns making sure you never got a good night’s sleep. You think I’m making this up, don’t you? You could not wear earplugs or you’d miss your alarm in the morning and they knew it. Approximately every two hours one of them would make some kind of loud noise and if that wasn’t possible, they would poke you with the broom handle to “see if you were really asleep”. Well, I took to reading whenever I could not fall back to sleep and over ten or fifteen years, you wind up, how shall I word this? Not smart, but one hell of a lot smarter than all the peasants put together.
           And to this day, I read several hours every day, there are approximately 160 books in this place at any given moment. Around half are text books on the hard sciences, usually electronics, geology, or oceanography, and most of the remainder is reference books of some type. The fiction I read, mostly murder mysteries, amounts to one or two paperbacks per month.