Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, January 10, 1980

January 10, 1980


TRANSCRIBED:
           Took on Trace (a stonemason) today. He’s expensive, but he’s good. Wow, wish somebody would do the same for me, I just hope he does not over-complicated things. This is the first time RofR and I have ever experienced a deficit, and it’s RofR’s fault for not sticking to a fact-finding mission. He definitely talked money and by the time I arrive two weeks later, there was no room for diplomacy.
           Well, it comes with the territory.
           Mike and I towed Unit One. I’m taking it back with me. Bill and I went over to Brian Furries'. Saw good old Sandy Well, what a gal. Her mother thinks I’m “too old for her”.

           [Author’s note: Tracey H., he did major work for government buildings, but now ran a restaurant with his wife, Cheryl. RofR was just supposed to get a quote. Unit One was my 1974 Ford Maverick, one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. Bought it slightly used. I don’t remember Sandy, but in 1980 I was not too old for anyone. I now understand the problem is old women and their self-serving mother hen attitudes. It’s okay if the mother is ten years older than her date, see?]

           [Author's note 2016: this is another Sandy whose mother was begging me to marry her a few years later. I always get maternally rejected by women named Sandy until they lose their charms. Needless that delayed-reaction strategy doesn't work with me.]

House of Commons, Canada, 1980.
(alternate title: women with fat calves.)