Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, December 12, 1981

December 12, 1981

December 12, 1981 Saturday

           What recession? Business if fine. I was going to get so much done today, but I went on a bender, instead. Even got fresh with “Maureen”, the schoolteacher. How, in this life, [I thought] can losers afford to be picky? I guess it’s like Janet. Thinks she got it all on her own, but if the average person had their philosophy, he’s starve quickly. I saw Allen Smith.

           [Author’s note 2015-12-12: to put this in perspective, I had just got my first full paycheck from the new company I’d started with. I don’t recall these people, and there may be dozens of such references years later when these hand written originals finally appear in electronic form. I owned a business on Main Street in those days. Allen Smith was a guitar player but he could not sing. Neither could I in 1981. Pardon me, he could sing Creedence Clearwater Revival, which is the same as saying he "could not sing".]

           [Author's note 2016: Note the old style of these posts? They were hand-written, so the date was spelled out at top of the page. I would love to publish these older entries, but even at ridiculously low prices, I don't have enough money to get them all done. I can't do it myself. Too old. Here is a picture from 1981. The wedding was on July 27 and my god it was a long time before we heard the end of it.]


++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++