Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, March 12, 2001

March 12, 2001


           I alternated between study and the Internet until 1:00AM, this has to be a pass or I am out a lot of time and money. I miss not playing this weekend, the more as it takes the Hippie a full month to set something else up. Also, last Fri. I had a convo with Julie at HQ, she does not know how that W-4 [form] works. Also, showed Andres how his 401(k) is paying off big time. I must graduate in June, or else.

           [Author’s note 2016-02-22: Ah, I recall this was the massive push to get an accounting certificate that was acceptable in Florida. This state does not know the difference between accounting and bookkeeping unless you have such a certificate. Sadly, that was the second of two courses I failed in my lifetime. There was simply no logic to the laws, every case study had two or three applicable statutes and it was pretty much guesswork which one would prevail.
           This might be a good time to point out that I was still new at the company and worked out in South Beach, miles from the company headquarters in Trump's Doral. But the office personnel definitely knew who I was and often worked closely on payroll and admin problems. Many were surprised, years later, to learn I was only a temp.
           Sad, though, that the people filling out tax forms at the main office do not understand those forms. No picture in the original, so here is an aerial of Pearl Harbor, photo taken in 2004.]



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++