Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, December 19, 2003

December 19, 2003

           Did I mention my $750.00 Xmas Bonus? ($500.00 after taxes.) I have no plans to spend it, as I was expecting like last year something after New Year’s Day. The toothpicks come to mind. I set up the office microwave for all, my gift to the department. Including the “NO POPCORN” sign. Payroll is hectic because of the short week, we are taking December 26 off to make it a really long weekend.
           Julie G. has asked me to come in on the 26th should things get behind, and I will. To them this is Christmas, to me it is December. I got to thinking whatever happened to Rusty. I scanned the Internet, and there is someone with the exact same name (the full spelling is unusual) doing something in Guantánamo Bay. I assume that would be my partner until I learn otherwise. The only oddity, is although I do not know for sure, I predicted my partner would never practiced law. He just wanted the degree. It would be an odd coincidence to find another lawyer in the world with exactly the same name.
           Something is seriously amiss. I'm a naturally small framed endomorph who naturally weighs around 155 pounds. I quit smoking for the second time in my life on October 3 this year. Many people say you'll gain weight because food tastes better but that's not the case with me. However I could tell something was wrong today. I stepped on the Toledo scale at Winn-Dixie. I cannot possibly be gaining weight so rapidly.
           No matter how you calculate it I've been putting on 4 pounds a week, all to my waistline and neck. I also stepped on the Toledo (scale) at Winn-Dixie. I cannot be gaining weight so rapidly. A pound of fat requires 6500 excess calories, and I cannot physically eat enough food to cause this. Nonetheless, the fact is I've gained over 20% bodyweight in 11 weeks and it is not ordinary fat. I look at myself up in a medical text and what I have is a triglyceride accumulation.
           I'm no further ahead with this knowledge, mind you, because the textbook says it is caused by high alcohol consumption, and I very rarely drink either. All I can report for sure is that there is some imbalance in my system that cannot be for the better.