Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, July 26, 2004

July 26, 2004


           JZ and I are going to paint again. He isn't sure what's lined up but it will be at least the garage of his dad's house. That's a weekend of work. Here's a photo of my diving buddies at the club over the weekend. We formed groups of two, but one lady was left over so I had two companions. I didn't dare say how little use I would have been if anything had gone wrong. This was the snorkel tour I joined up thinking everybody else would. Nope, JZ stayed in the marina pub.

           This was also a Monday at work and I began to hear rumors of internal squabbling on the job. I could pretty much guess which two morons were the root of the problem. Hector and Charlie. Two last-chancers, deadbeats who put in their time but never could understand that was nothing special. I barely know them but am aware they despise me for no reason. Well, there is a reason. Jealousy, the jealousy of the common peasant against those who do things with their lives. I grew up around it.
           I went to the Denny's in Hialeah (the good part of town) after work. A good book, I stayed there for several hours. The staff knows me and don't mind if I hang out. I keep thinking I'm getting a little stronger each day, but then I require lengthy rests. What's to become of me?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++