Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, July 25, 2004

July 25, 2004


           JZ and I were to meet up at the new location in the west end, his family opened another restaurant out in Doral. But he didn't show, so I visited. After an hour, I went over to his condo and woke him up. He'd been late partying at Churchill's. We decided to take the boat on a tour of the harbor. Here is Sailorman JZ, mighty explorer of Miami Bay.
           This was my first time out on the water since I arrived in Miami on Christmas Eve, 1999. That day, I parked my car at the airport and flew to S. America for a month, or was it two? I recall the millenium on the south bank of the Orinoco, in a village called Marjuanta. I don't recall when, or why, I ever returned to Miami. That's what I thought about on this boat ride.

           Sailing is okay, but like air travel, I can find it boring after an hour. He wanted to go back to Ocean Reef, but he forgets I have a regular job. On that note, I found one of the very last photos I have of the head office where I worked. Bland as it looks, this was one of the best places I ever worked. Inside was a lively community. But the owner had recently passed away and the internal stresses began to appear. And they went bankrupt a year or two after I left. See what happens when you aren't nice to me?


++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++