Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, January 7, 2007

January 7, 2007


          My first sale at the shop paid for the day. No celebrations planned, since that is the first time it has happened in three months. Dickens has given the go ahead to let me install a vending machine. I see my China contact, Sean, is actively pursuing the doggie mannequins. I spurred him on to greater activity and we shall see where that leads. Here’s me outside the shop at opening time this afternoon. Dickens accidentally set the alarm and I was waiting for him to swing by. Note the 1960s “band poster” pose. It’s a natural for me.
          Yes, that is the Jamis seven-speed in the background. It is an institution now, I think nothing of heading five miles on it these days. Today I biked 14.163 miles, which is [just] above [my] average. The shop was reasonably busy including a lady named Jen who picked up that I was very well read. She went on to indicate she was a nudist and had a three million dollar property for sale. She continued that she had a 35 year old son living at home. Isn’t it strange how even millions of dollars don’t make any difference to men like me, she is not my type. Nor does all this add up. If you had millions, the first objective is to get out of South Florida.

          Limewire was so busy I could not download even one tune during the entire shift. Yeah, the “thrift shift”. I wanted to memorize a few Bob Marley type bass lines. Maybe next week. It was quiet and I did not notice that I was on a diet. Yeah, the “quiet diet”. Okay, I’ll knock if off. This is important, since I’ve come to the conclusion that I am the physical type that does not lose weight unless I am actually feeling hungry. That is correct, the combination of diet and exercise has no effect on me if I do anything to assuage hunger. I’ve got four months of stats to prove that.
          JZ wants me to sell the story to the tabloids. He considers that I have incredible willpower to have lost weight at all. His plan is that I offer them the story that I did it using their product. You know, I should check it out. What if they pay, like $10,000 or something. The principle here is that I don’t think there is any excuse these days for being stupid. Thus, a person truly dumb enough to believe in diet products is not my concern and a smart person would know it is a crock in the first place. And there is always that $10,000.

          FM 102.7 was playing our song list this afternoon. It must have been some kind of special but still, to hit one sixth of our songlist by coincidence is eerie. Unless Brian was phoning in requests instead of downloading the MP3s. We have a fairly definitive list of 24 songs and this next Wednesday, I’m going to ask him to focus on the vocals, since his guitar work is somewhere between dragging and going nowhere.
          Dickens left two DVD movies in the shop, he should know better when I’m around. I’ve got them here, with a pot of coffee and plenty of time. They were not bad. JP called later and I’m glad he did because he reminded me of the local paper called the Flyer. I’d forgotten it, although I used to advertise in it. He recalled seeing a section of used vending machines. If something comes of that, I’ll owe him one. Dickens gave me the go-ahead to set something up right away. Let’s see what happens. I’ve named the new company “Demavend”, after a mountain in Asia. (Once again, the business was labor-intensive enough to become the equivalent of a so-so paying job. It was dropped.)

          Never too late for a product review. This one may span a few entires [here] because it [this version] has more than thirty sub-menus, but Nero has come out with a new disk copy version called “Seven Essentials”, no doubt named by the same committee that called it Nero in the first place. I have the trial version, beware that is wipes out all former versions (I have not checked to see if they can be reinstalled) and the DVD-maker begins a 30-day trial, severely lessening the value. It is slow but as of this moment, seems to slice through almost everything that gets in your way. If what I think is happening is done when I get back later in the day, I’ll have some recommendations on the way. Hang on, I may have something already.
          No, no good news. Like its predecessor, this Nero will go through the motions and report success, but nothing is burned on the disk that you can use. Therefore, it is another blooper I do not recommend for beginners.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++