Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, December 16, 2006

December 16, 2006


           [Author's note 2015-12-16: this is another redacted entry, possibly from a Dragon(Naturally Speaking) original. Notice the early "clipped style". Borrowing the same pipe cutter from JZ nine years ago to this day is another pure coincidence.]

           Today was originally allocated for the much vaunted trip to Okeechobee day that never materialized. It was a month in the planning, but I’ve already done told you that more advance notice in Florida just gives more time for things to go wrong. When I arrived at 9:30 AM, JZ was down sick with the flu. Exactly five days after Alain got it. Maybe that’s the downside of a family business? I made tea but could not convince him not to smoke. He only smokes around five Marlboros per day, but when you are sick, I dunno.
           It was also to be a picture-rich environment. Instead, I wound up driving over to Publix to get a bag of healthy food things for my buddy. We drank smoothies and generally let him take it super easy except for insisting he drink everything possible. That’s today’s exciting picture. See the yogurt, apples, bananas, coconut milk, apricots and diet ginger ale. That ran me the $20 gas money slated for the canceled journey to the Everglades.
           I rented two movies, the pirate sequel “Dead Man’s Chest” and “Second in Command”. I cannot recommend either. The Disney movie had some great special effects but it was over two hours long and put me right to sleep. The Van Damme movie shows a disturbing tendency, that he is trying to establish himself as a serious actor. That will not happen since he can only play himself. Also, he is part of that Hollywood troop that have agreed to only portray actresses over 30 in costarring roles. Pity, that.

           I found Cheryl’s addy on JZ’s computer and sent her an email for the first time since August. It’s been too quiet over there. Then, JZ, feeling chipper, went out and rented a third movie, “Down in the Valley”. It was so slow and boring, I actually downloaded music over a dial-up line. (Jim Stafford’s “Swamp Witch”.) The lead in the movie, some total babe, made it worth watching but the rest of the movie went nowhere.
           Part of what made her a total babe, outside of having a perfect body without a hint of fat, flab, wrinkles or hip bulge, was how her family did not even suspect she was screwing the stranger. This brought back immense memories for me where JZ found nothing to identify with.
           Where I could remember, he could barely imagine having such beautiful women. Ah, but those were different times. I can directly recall at least six women in my life that were in that situation with me. Pearle, Liz, Beverly, Judy, Sandy and Kim. All of them better-looking than this actress, I might ad, and three of them were virgins (Pearle, Liz & Kim). I like to ask how many other men even get one? Other than that, the movie was a dud.
           Later, I located the Havahart (correct spelling) animal traps. They are not cheap, running around $25 new. At least they still make them. I also borrowed JZ’s pipe cutter to repair my stove. Somehow all this does not seem as exciting as the missed trip around the lake. I’m sure you agree, but I’ve little else to offer today. How about a picture of JP coming in off the balcony after checking out the rumor that it had rained all day long?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++