Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, July 12, 2007

July 12, 2007


           Dickens won’t be pleased. There were just four customers all day, and only one sale. All the customers must have melted in this heat. I rode my bicycle in the past few days and that ten miles is a sauna. Wallace reports 100 degree weather but there is no heat index on the west coast and I’ve lived both places. It is hotter here.
           A picture of a cat is always good promo. After my conclusions about the music scene in the area, I have expanded my search for a house gig to include the Veterans clubs. They have a larger established clientele and my guess is they all know each other. I chose the VFWs closest to my home base, that is, all along Dixie Hwy. Oddly, they have a cleaner and newer feel to them than the regular clubs. The atmosphere is identical to the left coast.

           In case anyone wonders, I am an associate member. Both my parents were in the forces. I have not renewed my membership for almost thirty years, but I have never been turned away from any VFW or Legion. I have never been a soldier yet I know exactly what to do if Canada or Mexico ever invade us – call the Police.
           This cat was adopted by the kitchen staff at one post. To lazy to bother a stranger and as you can see, the satisfied product of a high-carb diet. A lot like the people who drink there? Okay, the daily news quick, since I’m in a rush.
           I’ve decided to burn disk images with those tapes that faded out y’day. If I can do it, I’m raising my prices. My musical set list has now expanded to include Patsy Cline (“I’m Back in Baby’s Arms”). Hank Snow (“Ninety Miles An Hour”) and Tim Wilson (“Clean Underwear”).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++