Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15, 2011


           JZ didn’t make it, what a surprise. So I stayed in and watched old movies, the ones where every murder took place at an opera, a boxing ring, or conveniently backstage from where the cameras and lighting were already set up. Monk always manages since his victims always have connections. We need a series that kills off the surplus guitarists out there, the glut of Garfunkels. I’d watch it every week.
           We may have a new camera like it or not. I keep mine handy on a lanyard around my neck. Last week I got caught in a flash rainstorm that shorted it out before I could pull over. Now it eats batteries. This time, I can afford something a little nicer, so watch for an upgrade on the pictures here. I’m looking for something that works in low light.


           Valve stem covers, those little caps you screw on your tire inflator thingees, I got in trouble with those as a lad. I used to be fascinated by farm machinery lots, you know, full of combines and tractors. The machines, not the farming or the farmers, I mean. When I saw all the different kinds of covers, I got this idea that I could take one from each machine and start a famous museum that would put our little town on the map. Needless to say, Taschuk and a lot of equally old people in town did not see it that way.
           Speed is picking up again, even though this is traditionally my worst stretch of every year, the Halloween fiscal event for me. Mind you, I am squarely back in the saddle, even if I am bringing up the rear. But I just purchased some 72 month futures, meaning if I’m alive on Nov. 1, 2017, check gold prices. If it is above $10,000 per ounce, I’ll be worth $1.3 million. Then again, so will a quality Japanese import. (But I don’t have to outrun the bear.)

           Let me enlighten the minority concerning the JP Morgan on your food stamp cards and in front of the Chase Bank logo. He’s the “other JP”, that is the same John Pierpont Morgan who financed both sides of both world wars and created the Federal Reserve Bank, which is not federal, has no reserve, and is not a bank. When Germany lost, he supported US reparations so they could pay back his loans. He made his original big bucks selling defective rifles to the US Army.
           His progeny are as undistinguished as you’d expect of the spoiled rich, although his name lives on in Morgan Stanley, the firm that toppled Drexel (partly by labeling Drexel’s non-corporate bonds as “junk”), then promptly took over the same market. The corporate goal of these financial giants is to gradually absorb smaller banks and create a non-competitive New World Order. Yes, that JP Morgan and the Rule of Rothschild, “Permit me to issue and control the money of the nation and I care not who makes its laws.”

           Life must be interesting because my eighth anniversary of no tobacco slipped by without ceremony earlier this month. I smoked when I was in college and had to study at Denny’s because I had no clean, quiet spot to study at home. Thanks to the lies of my parents, I had to live in unheated attics while my older sister resided in a skyrise apartment and owned two cars, partly paid for by money that had been promised to me. I estimate my marks were at least 20% lower because I could never concentrate. The staff at Denny’s knew my standard fare, “A coffee, a package of cigarettes, and a side order of matches.”
           A lady friend asked me to check some coin prices and I met with a surprise. I believe, as with stamps, only the dealers make money, never the collectors. I expected some ordinary lists but was astonished to see (from my programming perspective) that rare coins are one of the most computerized industries out there. Make certain you check the latest posts, mind you. Like the rest of the Internet, there are thousands of amateur publications that have never been updated.


           The scooter shop was supposed to have a cookout this weekend. The rainclouds looming made that a no-go, which is too bad as I was invited to come take a look at all the babes who were invited. Young, air-headed, inexperienced, unsophisticated women have a charm of their own, especially when you consider the alternative. Instead, we sat around in the parking like we owned the place.
           Bingo was minimal again. The show must go on. The crowd was so small several people won several times each, so they donated the entire prize game to me as a tip. I rather think I’ll head for the beach tomorrow on the electric bike. And speaking of that, I think I’ve had it with Schwinn. This is the third speedometer in a row that quit working for no good reason, and when you try to test it, zap goes all your stored data. That company has really taken a dive.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++