Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19, 2012

           Silver. An ocean salvage vessel has located some 1.5 million ounces in a torpedoed WWII ship. Don’t expect a price drop, since the world mines 750 million ounces every year. Contrary to claims, this find is not a record in value or weight, but at three miles down, it may be the deepest. For the record dollar haul, you’ll want to look up “Black Swan”, at a half billion (with a 'b') in gold and silver.
           The fact that the Black Swan sunk in international waters in 1641 has not stopped Spain and Portugal from claiming the treasure. Possibly a claim based on the fact they couldn’t muster the brains or money to go get it themselves in 350 years? Trivia. Since day one, the entire ancient and noble state of Spain has filed a total of 7741 patents, fewer than, say, the state of . . . Delaware.
           Great news for me as another serious round of price drops hits the exact market I’m eyeballing. A 2/2 mobile home with the land. Why mobile? I have my reasons. Why land? Because if you don’t buy, you’ll be facing nothing but inflation-driven rent increases for the next twenty years, and yes, you should plan on living that long. But the averages are still too high and I’m fishing for an owner-financed rent to own deal. No down payment.
           Then I’ll have a place to sit down, if I’d like, and watch Florida and the economy flush itself down the tubes. Peeps, the nation is already broke. The depression is a reality. You’ll need to be faultless, have a perfect personality, and a degree to get a loan or a $9 per hour job. If you qualify, you aren’t in Florida.
           What’s more, after considerable reflection, I’ve decided not to take any action concerning any parties that may be using this blog for ideas. It would be greedy of me not to admit that is what this blog is for, although I meant more for people to think than to copy. Anyway, sooner or later the connection will be spotted and made an issue without help from me. Finally, the majority of any originality here is my wording or my take on things, not the things themselves. So, I’ll wait my turn.
           Aha, I found a product that really kills the weeds in my driveway. Ortho Groundclear. This time they stayed dead. I’ve got enough left to put a moat around my whole place. And the spray line is exact so you don’t harm ornamentals. Good job there, Ortho. This gave me time to watch a crackle, most of which I’ve never seen. Missing all these movies in my youth has done me good for these blistering Florida summers. It’s all new to me. Today’s feature was “The 6th Day”, with some remarkable “twin” shots of the Arnold. I wonder how many oinkers checked their left eyelid for clone dots.
           Speaking of summer yard work, like everybody else, I’ve got ants. And they are the Florida type that ignore all bait. I have the video. It was damp today but I’ll spray the perimeter soon. That doesn’t help once they get inside. It is strange how the insecticide packaging tells you the scientific names of the bugs instead of showing a picture. That’s another department of ass-clowns. Or really fine print that says it doesn’t work on fire ants, as in why the hell not? Or the newest annoyance, the English part of the label must be peeled off the can, so if you lose that you’ll have to learn Spanish. Or call the gardener.
           How’s my [guitar player lampoon] booklet coming? Around half done but I need another breakthrough. I’m aiming for a narrow market to foment unrest as opposed to enlistment for full rebellion. It’s tempting to go after the sillier traits of guitardom, say guitar summer camp, guitar humidors, drop-D tuning (for those times when the factories just can’t get it right). Over the past week I’ve penned a sincerely irritating version of guitar history that debunks the myth that Les Paul invented the electric guitar and presents gitaritis is a “psycho-social disease”. Hey, I need the money.