Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, February 25, 2001

February 25, 2001


           Alfredo is undercover or something. He’s disappeared. I took a 74 mile test drive and things are bright. Oh, I went to Mars and Vinnie was off. I want to thank him again for that dressed Danelectro. (Hippie still can’t believe he sold it to me.) I picked up a music stand and priced mic and guitar stands. Hmmm, I need another $50.
           Many e-mails from M.

           [Author’s note 2016-02-15: I remember that day. I drove the car halfway to West Palm and then back again. Mars [Music] went bankrupt shortly after this, sadly, as it was a better establishment than Guitar Center. Vinnie moved on to become a fixture on Facebook. The Danelectro remains the best electric bass I have ever owned. I have become so accustomed to this bass that I have troubles playing any other.
           It was customized to have lighter strings on a 7/8ths scale neck. I traded in my old Peavey “war club” bass on it. Never again will I play a so-called “full size” bass. Yeah, full weight, too. Vinnie sold me this expensive guitar for only $200. The Hippie never believed it until we looked and there was a sticker of Vinnie and his kids on the back of the tuning plate.
           For those who are into such things, this picture shows my exact model of Danelectro. It is the 958 with a 29.75” neck. I have long since removed the “guitar” trappings, such as the chrome string plate cover and the pick guard. Mine also has the original Danelectro round knobs but the lipstick pickups are totally original. The bass is highly prized for its “squawky” sound.
           Yeah, well the way I play it must be even squawkier.]


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++