Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, November 10, 1982

November 10, 1982

           Nothing much today. Except Randy again. Randy Brown is his name, I believe. Why so much mention of him? Two reasons. He’s a loudmouth, if he notices anything about you that’s not 100% socially acceptable (his acceptable) he will yell it out loud. And 2, he’s so non-descript he is unique.
           I saw this school shirt today when I stepped out. The school crest and the name of every kid in the class in computer graphics on the front. Ah, they got the money. But it would never have worked in my class. Even the day the things came out, all my classmates would have set to asking, “Who and what is Brian Martin? Who is Tim Neufeld? Who the hell is Gordy Brown? Which is Barry White?” Guess it was the same all over, though. Who ever heard of Brian McKort or Paul Bernie in their heyday?

           [Author’s note 2023: Those are real names, so I think I was making a dig at the ex-boyfriends of girls I had recently dated. While I was in college, I rarely dated girls who’d previously had boyfriends. Encounters, yes, but boyfriends, no. Women who have dumped even one loser were, before I was 28, usually more trouble than they were worth.]

           [Author’s note 2023: Pictures from the 1980s are indeed rare in this blog, but I can state from memory this is what college babes looked like at the time. I noticed the decline began very sharply around 1988. By 2018, the average college girl dressed like a slob and weighed 145 pounds. Yuck.]