I don't have any accurate date for this picture, but this was a guitarist in the northeast end. This was right around the period when I was near to giving up on finding a guitarist with the right stuff. I still lacked the confidence to start a group from scratch. That is to say up to this point I was always with bands where I knew somebody. So for the first time rather than joining a group in more than ten years, I was reading ads on the bulletin board for guitarist looking to join. This guy was excellent, but the first of a long line of guitar players who can play what they can play and nothing more. This guy had one fo the first digital samplers on the market and could do something I've never seen again.
He could play the actual correct instrument to any setting on that toy. Others, say they set it on saxophone--it would sound like guitar notes and riffs with a sax sound. Well this guy could emulate the actual instrument. We got through several practices before I spotted he could not learn new material But it was wild to hear him set that gizmo on something like bagpipes, and play actual bagpipe notes. I think you know what I mean. I sort of play piano on the bass, but this does not compare to what that man could fire off.
