Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, August 15, 1999

August 15, 1999

           Another only surviving record, this is a view from the breakfast balcony of a cafĂ© in Ciudad Bolivar, Venezuela. The open balcony on the second floor is a necessity to keep the patrons away from the street, plus there is a breeze from the river. This entry is from April, 2023.
           Memory says that is one of my cars parked on the extreme left. You are looking north across the Orinoco River to the uninhabited north shore. The walkway in front of the cars is called the promenade. It’s a tourist attraction and on weekends all kinds of carnivals and booths may be set up in this area. This is more to the east side of downtown, so it is quieter but not as fancy.
           I think I had just arrived in town that day and I do get jet lag enough to throw me off balance, but not ill. This is a crop from a larger but damaged photo.