Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, December 16, 2002

December 16, 2002


           [Author's note 2015-12-16: this is a photo to give this page some color. It is the 2002 Miami University Glee Club. We had a glee club back in Texas. It was all women. Seriously, glee club are traditionally men. Below, you can see the same club in 1907. Since I could not sing in 2002, nor was I in university, I never had the option to join the groups. Groups that are probably about as ethnically diversified as most people would like, you might note.]



           Oh, that quilt overdid it--made me late for work. I awoke about 4 a.m., it was cold. So I made the brilliant decision to pull the quilt over my head, like I used to above the Arctic Circle. I zoomed into the deep asleep, and right through the alarm. It was the light that will be up at 8:30. Made it to work by 9:30. (Sorry, that stilted style is another sentence fragment from Dragon Naturally Speaking.)
           No reading today. Just more database. There are still a few people who don't follow what this database does. It tracks events. They tried to compare it to the other systems which take a snapshot. Mine is different, it will tell you where things are if you supply the info, and also where they are supposed to be, when, and who said so. It's a superior system in many ways, if you don't compare apples and oranges.

           [Author's note: the house I live in has no heating system, only air conditioning. The cold is different here from Seattle is because it is not always extremely humid like here. I know all I need to know about the different types of cold. I was once above the Arctic Circle but that's another story.]


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++