Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, February 20, 2003

February 20, 2003


           Meet Hebti, the Abyssinian cat. It is actually a miniature tiger which you don’t really realize until you see him walking. The fur shimmers unlike any other cat fur. Hebti is an unknown word, I’m no expert on cat-naming conventions. Here he is, snoozing beside my reading material of February 20, 1993. This is downstairs at Robynette's parent's place. I hear rumblings out there that maybe there is a precedent to the way Pudding-Tat gets spoiled.


           6:34 a.m., Miami. I’m still reading the book about setting the prairies and the West. Settling, as in shooting and killing; that much hasn’t changed. It is finally warning up but that is not helping this flu I’ve had for three weeks now. I ran into Barb and Billy Too, she’s looking for a place to share.
           Not me, she’s got kids. Instead I took the exciting way out and reviewed some records back at home. It is a pity I cannot show the value of my travels, which I place at between $190,000 and $200,000.

           [Author’s note: Barb was the lady who married Gerhardt, who thought he could stay in the country. He was a German inventor who also thought his son was a computer whiz kid until he met me. He immediately enrolled the kid in some special school to try to catch up a bit. Ha!
           I was evaluating my holdings when I looked at my travels. The $200,000 is not what I spent, for I know how to travel on a budget. I usually walk everywhere once I get overseas. That value is based on the equivalent education and experience most people would, I feel, have to spend to learn and see what I have by traveling. Even with the money, it is unlikely it could be done. After a few more years in Florida, this turns out to be a very conservative estimate. Most people here would have to be deported before they’d see just the Venezuela I have seen.]


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++