Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, July 9, 2004

July 10, 2004

           My notes say this was a Saturday, that I repaired the window on my Cadillac for $200, and that I had new tires mounted. That was at El Mago de Ponche on 8th Street, or Calle Ocho these days. I remember the day because I was so weak, still recovering, that I fell asleep in their waiting room. The chairs are uncomfortable and they keep the TV up loud, but I spend so much money there, they left me sleep for close to six hours.
           In those days, I was still nursing the numbness along my left side. It had not yet been determined that driving was part of the cause. Too tired to make it home, I drove over to JZ's and crashed. I don't usually recall individual days, but he said I looked like I needed a break. We decided on a Sunday trip.
           From Mars, here is a picture of the Missoula Crater. It's one of those panorama photos you have to blow up in size to see the details. Just click on the photo and use the slide controls.