Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, July 8, 2004

July 8, 2004


           It's a Thursday, other than that it appears that JZ and I watched "Bonanza". You know, out west where the sky is blue and the Lorne is Greene. JZ swears the episodes are colorized, like old Gilligan re-runs. Not so, Bonanza was always filmed in color because the idea behind the series was to sell color TVs. JZ and many others considered Bonanza a western, but even as a lad, I found it to be late night soap. I very rarely watched a full show. You might say I found the pastel of the painted backdrops to be more colorful than Michael Landon's acting.

           [Author's note 2014: yes, Bonanza was always in color. I just looked it up. Hop Sing only appeared on every eighth or ninth episode and he was paid only for those scenes.

           Trivia. Today in 1932, the Dow-Jones average closed at its lowest ever: 41.22. It was also the day of the big shootout in Juneau, Alaska, back in 1898. Here's a picture of Soapy Smith. He was from Denver, I think.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++