Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

September 28, 2004

Author's note: today's record is very clear, you might say painfully clear, from my 2004 desk calendar. But cheer up, I am still in Hollywood ten years later and alive to tell the tales from the trailer court.

           "It is clear the company knows I cannot keep up with my former work tasks any more. They've been patient for ten months, but today transferred me to light duty out on the sites. This time it is project 734, out in Hallandale Beach. It's a quiet town, sort of south of Ft. Lauderdale. Probably a tourist trap.
           It is 30 miles from here, so no chance of a commute from the office like in earlier times. The fact is, I need the quieter pace, but a transfer out of the head office means I could soon be looking for another job. My health is not improving. My endurance is still limited to minutes of activity for an hour of rest. My left side remains painfully numb most of the day."

           Since digital photos of 2004 are hard to come by, here is one of a grapefruit crop that didn't make it. This may or may not be ahead of this date in 2004, but it was a hurricane that caused this. The wind knocks the fruit to the ground and the flood waters caused this picture. The crop is lost.