Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

January 21, 2004


           This is a before and after picture of Pashendalle, the World War I battleground. Anybody who thinks that War began in 1914 has not read very much on the history and policies of England.


           So I write out my recipe for German Meatloaf for Julie. This highly evolved dish is my own creation, modified from several sources over the centuries, you see. The secret ingredient is a half can of cream of something soup, usually chicken or mushroom, to vary the flavor each time around. Well, she wants more info, and I direct her to BettyCrocker.com. Be damned if almost the exact same recipe isn’t there, now renamed Savory Meat Loaf. Take out the sage and add in my curry powder, and even the quantities are the same. Foul! I say. Crocker doesn’t even sound German.

           I may have to ask myself years from now why I wrote this, but I’ve been saying since I was a kid, “People who need people should be stranded on a desert island with each other until they’ve had their fill.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++