Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

March 16, 2005

           [Author’s note: another unclear entry which I can explain. I am again getting impatient with the Hippie because we are endlessly playing the same songs in the same places. I’m stuck with doing things his way for now. Thanks to that, I’ve never learned where the good places to meet women are in Florida.
           He is ignoring my motive of playing in a variety of places to meet women and make a little money. Those are pretty standard goals in my book. The Hippie only plays coffee houses and cafes, places where there tend to be no single women. Since he shows no signs of wanting to get out of that rut, I’m stuck because I’ve put so much time into his music that I would have to start over completely from scratch to get back into a real band. Traditionally, that takes months after I get all the required equipment.]
           Worse, I have not met any women this year. Such a sad story, that is. As most guys would say, some poor woman out there is putting up with a goof rather than take a chance on me. At least I’m an educated, hard-working goof. Ha! This photo is nothing special, a 2005 Mustang, but they all look alike to me. It is here because the original was made to be copy-proof. And here is your copy.
           Allaine (JP’s sister) now wants to know when I will come by and clean the computer. See, when you can repair computers, mechanic or hairdress, you do not tell your own circle. That is a piece of advice rephrased from something I heard on my paper route in 1963. My memory is fine, it is other parts of me that are giving out. I think I will try to get Rusty to contact me again. He has not responded to my last e-mail close to two weeks passed. I need that American passport. Whenever I see the young Spanish women, I just know I’ve got to get back to Venezuela for a holiday.
           You see, nobody told me about the demographics. Oh sure, I knew that it would get increasingly harder to find good women as I got older. I knew it would get more expensive. None of those things are what fooled me. I’ve got eyes and ears just like you, and I could see the world around me. I reckoned on all kinds of difficulties getting women as I got older, and had some impressive plans to get around it all.
           Playing in a band always works no matter what your age, so does teaching although you have to be damn careful on that one. Travel is a great way and the gift of gab comes in handy, especially in several languages. So what, you may ask, is the problem? Why don’t I have a string of women? Well, pal, let me tell you.
           The women disappeared from coffee houses and anywhere else we play in this town. All the things I can do are useless unless you can find the women to use them on. (Sorry if those are harsh words, but I live in a harsh world.) I have not met a decent, good-looking woman in slightly over five years. It is not like I’m putting the hustle on a dozen women a week, and failing. The women are physically nowhere to be found. I’m first to admit I never learned any ‘old people’ things and I’ve never joined clubs much.
           And another thing--nobody told me the supply of women would dry up. The world was supposed to be full of aggressive divorcees and rich widows by now. How do you explain that?

Author's note 2015-03-16: This post says most of it, talk about foreseeing the future. I went on to become a solo performer and hav not really been in the coffee houses since. Smart move, even the university coffee houses are duds in this town. Note the coincidence on the date since I met a good woman, I said the same thing precisely ten years later. And in the end, I could not find a good guitarist that was gig-ready. Dang, what is it about March 16?