Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

September 27, 2005



           Here are some sample pictures taken on my Argus. I’ll need to get a better camera, being that I can’t borrow Glenn’s anymore, ha ha. Anyway, most of you get the idea. Hold it. Fred will have a really good camera, won’t he?
           Rounding off the day, I fixed up that computer from ABC. It only has a 4.3 GB HDD and that is a little shaky. It just does not boot sometimes but diagnoses okay. Bill Gates at work again, when you defrag, he recommends that you turn off all other resident programs – but does not tell you how to do that, or even where to look for them.

           Authors note 2021: This is the first “pure” post using pix from the original Argus 1600 digital camera. These photos were taken months earlier, but I had not learned to format or store them properly. Still leery of over-priced new technology, I borrowed cameras before buying, often resulting in phots that were fantastically huge for what was needed. Thus, until I found the Argus at a reasonable price, photos from this era are rare.
           I remind the reader that at the time, much of this was ground-breaking for my age group, there was nobody you could go ask for advice. Well, I mean, you could, but sadly, you would get it. From people without a clue. Like Glenn, who had a gigapixel camera but did not know how to get the pictures off it. He had no clue there was a computer in the loop. And he was dismayed when I told him he had to buy one, after which in two months he knew more than I did. Go figure.            This page was finally published on July 23, 2021.