Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, March 30, 2007

March 30, 2007


           Ha, last evening I clicked on the MP3 and listened to one of the tunes Sportsgoo sent me. Something about Chatahoochie, who cares, but what a riot of a tune. Totally country spam so I learned it and then customized a dance bass line (by throwing the turnaround eighth notes off the backbeat). Now this morning, guess what tune I’ve got stuck in my head?
           Ha, last evening I clicked on the MP3 and listened to one of the tunes Sportsgoof sent me. Something about Chatahoochie, who cares, but what a riot of a tune. Totally country spam so I learned it and then customized a dance bass line (by throwing the turnaround eighth notes off the backbeat). Now this morning, guess what tune I’ve got stuck in my head? He owes me.

           Then I discover that I can’t read. He is “Sportsgook”, not “-goof”. Guess I kind of stopped reading closely after the word “Sports”. I looked intensely at the “Autoharp”, aka the zither. It works by smothering or damping, if you will, the strings not in the chord being strummed. Could not be more simple. Except the chord buttons are arranged by a retard and there is no “E” chord. The autoharp was invented in Hawaii in 1920 and they were not big on guitar chords back then.
           The whole day was at the shop, mainly because Fred had to zip around town. On his $45,000 Harley-Davidson. See the Eagle talon kick-stand? Fred does not get out of the shop enough, he should just close the doors when it is not busy and sail down the freeway.
           Jay-Jay called to say that the address he gave me to the ball park (y’day) was wrong. It was another park around five blocks away. He went there, and did not return my phone calls because he was a base ump at the time. He also doesn’t understand why I didn’t start looking around the Ft. Lauderdale sewer plant for a different baseball game.

           Dickens called, he wants to leave town until Wednesday next week. I can swing that, but I really don’t have the exact freedom. I need to know what happens at the dog shop before I commit at the last minute, since my bills are paid by the sure things. Beyond that, a series of idiots were in today. We have not named the scam yet, but it involves the false accusation that you messed up. You can spot this scam by how they want an overly-detailed explanation of how you “fixed” it.
           In the case of Skrbc, we hooked his unit up and it works absolutely fine, as predicted. He will expect an explanation of why that is before he will pay up. Fat chance. This time I warned him against said behavior, but he is one of those deadbeats who thinks the system works that way (us constantly proving he is wrong by showing him how to run a computer for free). He is claiming he cannot log on to the Internet, but that he could log on before we fixed his printer. I have just grown so weary of that useless angle that I believe we will kick him out of the shop permanently this time.

           I biked all through the downtown district, taking note of crowds and drinking establishments. There are around a dozen, all in long narrow locations. There was an average crowd in each, no favorites being in evidence. It was, however, the clientele I target for my music and I’ve mentally selected a few places that seemed likely. Myself, I decided not to participate and instead to spend the evening reading detective stories. Sounds exciting, but since I don’t know what you will be doing at my age, I won’t comment on it.
           Oh, the cat. No name yet, but I can pick her up and she doesn’t dive for cover as soon as I open the door. She seems to prefer sitting up on my file cabinet, in the shade of my office. I’ve seen her walk around the entire Florida room across cabinets and the backs of chairs without touching the floor. I noticed this because I fell asleep in the easy chair again and the cat wakes me up.
           I stopped in at the Wiley St. Pub earlier to see if Rob the Hillbilly was there, to give him the song list. He was but he was too busy. On the way out a toothless old lady flashed me. Weird, but she did have a perfect set of knockers. Since I was leaving and she was too old to be a hooker, I have no idea what her motive could have been. Maybe she thought I was drinking?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++