Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 19, 2007


           Here is a picture of a palm tree. Adore it for a few moments, it is the nicest part of today.
           I had to cruise around the area and remove the “dance posters” for Blue Crows. The other ads were electronic. Every guitarist since November ‘06 has promised or convinced me they wanted to perform, and in the end came across with too much or too little by way of issues that had nothing to do with performing but, in the end, prevented a good performance. I hesitate to accept any of the blame because until very recently I have only ever played in a group.

           The most common reasons (all non-musical) are , in order: not playing music asked for, over-socializing, breaking agreed-upon rules, multi-grouping, drinking on the job, not learning new material, not practicing and, way down the list, possessing conceited self-importance. Curiously, that is the opposite order of the problems in the last band I played in.
           Nor was I the only one who knew damn well that Mike had not learned any new music since we began. (I did not inform Mike of this, but don’t worry, he knew something chewing on my ass). I was right to get the band up on stage as soon as possible, since you can’t fake ability up there. While I play repeats in my own sets, I have 60 different tunes, not just 15. Several people basically said welcome home, now get on with your show. I will.

           I went into the shop and made another mistake that I should know better. I asked a lady to download an MP3 for me. What a mistake. I forgot that Apple hired failed actors to create their search algorithm. Before they can do a simple lookup, they need to know dates, album title, genres, artists, years on and on.
           I asked her to give up after a half hour. She would not let me do it unless I showed her how, and I was far too busy. Also, she was trying to download an m4p (she didn’t know there was a difference). She had a $500 iPod and I was still sorry I’d asked her .

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++