Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28, 2008


           This is a common sight in South Florida these days. A row of Quebec license plates in the parking lot. These are part of the hundred thousand plus that arrive each year and they are vital to the local economy. It is sometimes neat to watch them struggle with the locals because these Quebecois don’t speak any Spanish, either. One thing, the French women are not predisposed to fatness, like the Spaniards. (The more underdeveloped the country, the more overdeveloped the women.)
           I’ve stumbled across a little company that is growing at 90% per year. They need somebody to break down complicated laboratory and management activities into billable formats. This could be a golden opportunity for me, or if it does not work out, one of those jobs that looks great on a resume. “Increased departmental flowthrough 300%”.

           I’ve run the spreadsheets and much as I need the job, folks, I will not be able to do anything but that job until the end of this November, when it will be five years since I’ve seen home. For the record, an inventory of my postings to this blog shows I’ve got a ways to go. Can you guess the percentage of material I have right here that is not posted? 81%. That is correct, less than 20% of what I have is on the Internet. When I say I have it, that means it is already written, ready to go, but in the wrong format. I just don’t have the time to reformat.
           The bottom line, is to get this amount of material off my optical disks and on to the computer, I will have to publish without the photographs. It is not all fun and games over here. I still can’t find a place for after May. I will likely never be satisfied renting in Florida again but face it, the cities here are on a deliberate campaign to replace trailer parts with more permanent sources of tax revenue.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++