Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 16, 2010

           This is a picture of the living room with the new sofa. Note, the area was custom designed for a sectional. And this is a nice one, in brand new condition. If anyone else wanted anything else in that spot, they repeated failed to breathe a word about it in years. You don't wait until heavy furniture is already moved to voice an objection, that is just plain being a crank.
           It is a beautiful piece of furniture that we could not afford on our own, and also something we've talked about since day one.
           Return tomorrow for blog posting, this one is interim. Note the walls are still pink. Although it is now clear that I have far more general construction experience than needed for the job, I will not paint it because somehow I just know it would never be good enough. What a pity.
           By general experience, I mean actually doing the work, not watching others and then "inspecting" things afterward. Anybody can find fault doing that. I turned down a $200,000 site supervisor job with my last employer although they practically begged. The problem was my health, not my intelligence, know what I'm saying? The only three damn doors in this place that work right 100% all the time are the ones I installed.