Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2010

           Yuck, that looks like road kill. Because it is. Today’s photo parallels the idea that not everything in Florida goes as planned. But it is still a good idea to keep your promises, especially if you made them to me. I’ve got two lawyers and two real estate agents telling me to dump this place and get my own, but I won’t because I promised I would not do that.
           Business has soared. I don’t know why and I’m not asking questions since I seem to be the only one moving up. That’s good news, and there may be some revenue from the flyer to record yet, as our sales staff has been out on the pavements all day long. The wide-carriage printer has moved well within range just since last Friday, expect to have it here any day now.
           There is some sad news, the Cadillac is no more. It would not start after just four years in storage and the new muffler was rusted out. After pouring enough money into trying to boost it this morning, we gave up and I sold it for $75 scrap. Owned it twenty-two years this May. Nicest car I ever owned, but I’ll never buy another. Let me look up the actual cost of that car to me, hang on a second. Okay, I’m back. That car only cost a net $6,570 and even that was written off to the tax department.
           The guy who owns the storage garage used to check on the Cadillac for me, he even washed it a couple times when I was convalescing. (Some people assume I parked the car and didn’t pay the bill, which shows you how much they know.) My point is, he just made a killing buying up foreclosed properties and he needs somebody to do the financials. He was stunned when I figured off the top of my head how much money he had made almost to the dollar. I assured him I am the one who can tell him if his windfall was pure luck or a workable formula, I may be the only one left who can. Partner, ha-ha, just kidding.
           During a callout later, I stumbled over an on-line newspaper that meets my standards of professionalism. Check it out for yourself if you want to see what excellent HTML programming looks like. Visit www.thederrick.com and be amazed. No, not at the content, I did not read the articles. I’m talking about the layout, the format, the color co-ordination and the artistic qualities that set it apart from ultra-crappy spaghetti home pages like Bing, Craigslist and AOL.
           That coding must be a thing of beauty. That programmer got lucky, I think, because I would have had to charge around $60,000 to create such quality. And I didn’t even click on more than a few random links, but they were flawless. Congratulations to two people: the programmer and the person at “The Derrick” who made the right decision. I know the agony and the ecstasy of such an undertaking. Listen you guys (it was guys), if anybody says they don’t know what I’m praising, they are so clueless you should not pay them no never-mind.
           Now watch, next week I’ll find out it was all from some template marketed by Amazon. I was dealing with programmers by late afternoon, I had a few go over the specifications of what I’m looking to create in a drum box. They like the concept, but not one of them had any clue how to think about a drum box except as something you have to program instead of just take out of the box to plug and play. I can already sense none of them will work out. Too much intellectual ground to cover before they could get started.
           Due to changes in my situation, I’ll be running financials and what-ifs for a few weeks, so do forgive if they thwart my blogging. Pudding-Tat is, unfortunately, not included in my plans. I don’t have any extra money yet and I’m way to smart to spend all my day-to-day cash on vet bills and then start scheming how to screw my friends. I like the cat, but if she dies, so be it.