Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 28, 2010

           Here’s a reminder photo of the kind of work I put into this place back in time. Sure, the yard is easy to trim and the patio is easy to sweep. I made them that way. It took approximately two months to get this place into shape. The people before consisted of an overweight lady and her disabled husband. The place had been neglected for years. Of course, this and all relevant information is available by simply reading this history.
           I misread a ticket y’day so some guy got himself a new set of leather soles for the price of neoprene. Shucks, you could say I’m just plain generous, except it ain’t my shop. What’s to report today? Well, the lawyers I’ve contacted about my puzzle don’t seem interested. This means I may have to do the patent the hard way, which is kind of what I’ve been doing all along.
           This place is spotless, thanks to Theresa. It is also a lot more quiet and vacant most of the time since her helping out means I’m not constantly here trying to keep ahead of things. So it is ridiculous for anyone to suggest the place is crowded, that is pure bunk. Is there any bad news? Yes, the pump is gone on the washing machine, the clunker that was left behind here. It is nice to have laundry facilities when you need them. Some people can take a half-day off to wash clothes whenever they want, but I can’t. For now.
           I’m getting conflicting input about the upcoming gig, but all I care about is the money. When you have a Friday gig, you don’t call the bass player on Wednesday afternoon unless somebody has royally screwed up. No, I don’t jam-practice, since it is like parachute jumping—it’s the people who rehearse at the last moment that make the mistakes. I’ll be watching to see how closely both the Hippie and the Cowboy follow what was agreed. If not, nothing has really changed.
           Each of them called to do a quick practice. Hello? Guys, I already know all your ancient tape and LP based music. Don’t you both find it revealing when you called I was able to pull up my files from 2004/2005 and read you back your own current song lists? Have you so easily forgotten we originally promised to learn each other’s material and in the end it was only me that kept my end of the bargain? In fact, to hear people talk, the only thing they have not copied is my song list. But I won’t say anything as long as I get paid.
           In related news, it remains to be seen how many musicians have really been invited to this show, whether or not they have rehearsed anything and whether that keyboard player will be present. The chick singer has already disappeared. Sure. The official reason is that her music was too slow. Compared to what? Last Chance with Mary Jane? Simple Man?
           Let’s do the trivia bit. Fast food easily takes first place in the American franchise market. But MacDonald’s is only second place, with some 12,000 outlets. Who has the most? Hint, I’ve only been there twice in my life because they are far too expensive for the quality delivered. It is Subway. The place whose ads give the misleading impression their food is good for dieters (by comparing it to the worst of the hamburgers out there). That chain has something like 23,000 stores.