Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 20, 2010


           Call me black and blue, I got through the day because I was mostly sitting down. Laying prone is worse, as it aggravates the lower back. So I had six hours of research time on the Internet without the ability to focus on anything too deep. Today’s photo is of Stack, the Texas guy who crashed his Cessna into the local IRS office. What I don’t care for is how he is shown appearing to be playing an electric bass.
           Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Texas, said in a statement that the crash was "a cowardly act of domestic terrorism." The police chief, however, said he preferred to describe it as "a criminal act by a lone individual."
           Whoever Doggett is, he needs to be shot with a ball of his own you-know. Why? Because he is a zero, an unknown, cashing on on this crime for his own publicity. Probably the only time he said anything the real public ever heard of. Plus, Texas police have a past of “lone individual” theories, do they not? When the madness of politics drives ordinary citizens to desperation, the official stance always says they are clearly insane. I mean, what other explanation could there possibly be? The Unibomber, McVeigh, these people are all crazy, and in the exact same manner as well.

           Stack is still pretty dumb, businesswise, for not playing by the rules. Secondly, if you are going to die as a “lone individual”, why not pick a fancier target? I can think of 8 or 10 places that merit such attacks. Starting with the house of dumb bastard Michael Mosman, pardon me if I got the name wrong. He is the “Judge” from Oregon who displayed a complete disregard basic personal rights and a callous ignorance for even the basics of democratic freedom.
           My God, what has become of our education system that allows turnip-heads like Mosman to become judges of anything? Mosman is the klutz who ruled that to snoop into people’s e-mail, the police do not need to serve a warrant on that person. (Mosman figures it is good enough to serve the warrant on the e-mail provider, whence he then put his head back up his ass.) Mosman needs to go on a one-way fishing trip.

           For the self-smug who “have nothing to hide”, did you know the Echelon project is still in operation? This is the satellite system that “harvests” all electronic communications looking for key words. So don’t say “Obama”, “assassinate”, and “terrorist” in the same sentence like I just did, or you may be headed for the docket.
           Did you know the main argument against privacy laws? It is the dopes who actually think people want privacy “only when they are doing something wrong”. That entire thought pattern is based on sheer stupidity. There are plenty of times when people are doing nothing wrong where they want privacy. For example, when they scratch where it itches. The problem is, the law does not allow for exceptions, or worse, leaves the determination of exception up to the mood of the authorities.

           Bingo has truly become good business. For sure, it flattened out my monthly earnings curve like nothing I’ve ever done with entertainment before. There is no chance of me making plans for the cash until I’m back to having several months living expenses socked away, but the evenness of the cash flow is more than evident. Also, the jackpots are now in the $40+ range, causing even small crowds (like today) to spend more money per person.
           Several things still hold me back. One is that the bingo show has become so specialized that it may not take rapidly anywhere else except Jimbos. Another is the instant willingness of so many local clubs to settle for sub-standard calling for the sake of keeping everything “volunteer”. I know, it begs the issue that the management is selling drinks to the players at a profit, and would sell more drinks to more players, but in Florida, you cannot let too many facts start flying around at the same time.

           I need tons of repairs and new things, but I’ve been sinking every penny I made into this place for the last year. It turns out everything is not settled as I was told. That means they will be settled permanently, once and for all, quite soon. I’ve had major projects underway and I don’t appreciate people who waited until the last moment to cause the same old problems over again. It seems I once again know too many people who think they can break any promise they made to me as long as they didn’t write it down.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++