Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10, 2010

           Politics, the ultimate waste of time in the universe. It pains my heart to see this kind of crap in this day and age. Totally disgusting, grown men and women with nothing better to do than make a mess like this. Take your stupid ill-informed opinions with you, and don’t slam the door on the way out. A progressive country like America should have outlawed politics in the 16th century. The whole concept that people need to be led is pure bunk, an evolutionary throwback developed by primitive tribes and that’s where it should stay.
           This particularly irksome gang wearing dipshit plastic hats were confronting people entering the library, questioning them whether they voted, behaving as if they had a right to know. I stared down the one that started bothering me. I’ve got a wonderful “get out of my face” scowl, ready for just such occasions. I’ll say it again, American politics is a sick circus and the people who support it are the clowns.
           Another rainstorm stranded me inside the library, where I found you can only get on a computer twice a day even if the room is empty. I looked more at the Dnepr sidecar motorcycle. It is modeled after a 1930 BMW R71, of which I could not find any photos except WWII German propaganda. BMW does not make the model any more, but they’ve got a R75 that looks a little too Star-Trekky for me. I found a place in Texas that makes sidecars, even a model for the Vespa moped. But their sidecars cost twice as much as the motorcycles.

           Having the spare time (it was really coming down), I found and read three chapters of Darwin’s “The Origin Of Species”. I wanted to see what the fuss was about, and it turns out to be quite light reading. I read the passages on variation within species and natural selection. It would seem, if these are indicators, that Darwin did little more than give very strong examples and let others form any conclusion they want.
           For example, he examined a huge field of uncultivated heath that had been planted with Scottish pine trees, not native to south England. The owner had built a fence to keep cattle out of one half. A hundred years later, the two halves of the field were completely different right down to the types of birds that ate the insects that pollinated the flowers which grew between the trees that cattle had not trampled. Darwin had amazing powers of observation, since countless others had seen the same field.
           This is a separate topic, but nowhere does Darwin say that man descended from apes. He says they descended from a common ancestor that was neither man nor ape, a concept that stupefies the uneducated. Apes will never “evolve” into man, except possibly in the case of Florida politicians. The two species split eons ago into two separate animals and continue to evolve on different courses. (Remember the good advice that if anyone says they don't believe in evolution, ask them to define it.)
           Further, there is no measurable rate for evolution to take place, so those that point to animals that have not changed in millions of years don’t have an argument against Darwin. Indeed, they are admitting he was right about the planet being very, very old. I’d like to read the entire book, some 700 pages. Again, it is very easy reading and I found no unfamiliar terminology. Warning to organized religions: the book contains a lot of logic. MicroSoft, did you get that? No unfamiliar technology.

           In yet another drive-thru, this time a Dunkin’ Donuts, the window clerk handed the driver a box containing $5,000 cash. Has anyone added up how many times this has happened? The only other instance I’ve heard of was a McDonald’s bag containing the daily deposit. Now everybody will use the drive-thru for a few months. When I think of how often this happens, I wonder if $5,000 isn't just cheap advertising, if you follow my meaning.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++