Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, September 20, 2010

September 21, 2010

           I’ve been reading Henny Youngman’s “Take My Life, Please”. For those who still maintain childhood environment is not a factor in success, is it pure coincidence his friend on the same street was Jackie Gleason? Anyway, today’s trivia is the origin of Youngman’s fabled line. His wife used to attend his performances, and one time she was blocking the hallway. So he said to a stage hand, meaning to get her out of the way, “Take my wife, please.”
           I can identify with his early career. As with my first efforts, the primary qualification to anyone being in my band was owning a musical instrument. Don’t overlook that he was in New York City at a time when my town population was 457, so I don’t identify with much else. Plus, Youngman did not view getting a dead-end job as selling out to the system, despite his admission that none of those jobs served any useful purpose in his eventual success.
           Today turned out to be a picnic. Dave-O was at the door by 8:00 AM, lost without his Internet and attendant MagicJack. Somehow he’d activated parental controls that blocked every website he cared to visit. He dropped me off at Dunkins, where I finally (without any help from the source) activated the netbook computer. I know I said y’day they helped me, but that is all they did. They didn’t get me on-line. I finally accomplished that myself by forcing an IP address, then reverting to DHCP. The point here is that nobody should have to resort to that even if they could.
           I had the pleasure of sending e-mails to people who are much smarter than I am, at least I think that from what they’ve told me. I’ll await replies but it is past the point of no return. Some people have trouble hearing and also trouble listening. I am truly curious how far eastern liars will go to try to pin things on me. Maybe I was the one that prevented this place from flipping for $50,000? Or the one stopping it from being rented out for $1,500 per month? Many people don’t understand how hard it is to see the facts because their head is up their own ass.
           Certainly, the Windows CE on the netbook computer is junk by any standard. Even third party software will not install, which I blame MicroSoft, not the programmers. I was able to use the netbook for basics, but nothing else. I like the product where I cannot recommend it for all its shortcomings. I got many features to work in a manner not to be expected from rank and file users. Rather than design something that works, it would seem MicroSoft intentionally took away anything of perceived value. Even the spreadsheet function is read only. It takes a completely anti-social moron to come up with something like that.

           By early evening, Dave-O came back and paid me an unexpected sum for the repair. So we drove up to Arty’s and spent it. What the heck, it is not like I’ve got to worry any more. After, I even went to Buddy’s to hear Lou. I played another 20 minutes of my own and this has planted at least a simple thought into my brain. Everyone said his excellent guitar was lacking a bass line. Can I not resolve that in reverse, even if I am a lousy guitar player?
           Last, I looked further into PeopleString. It still smacks of MLM by the way it pays and the claim that it returns 70% of advertising revenues is unverifiable. Like the partner who pays you half but won’t let you count the pile first. However, this led me to their parent company, BigString, BSGC on the stock market at 3 cents per share. It is billed as the first social networking company to be publicly traded. At this point, something caught my eye.
           The company has patented “user-controllable e-mail services”. Now they certainly have my attention. This is dynamite software. Quote, “In addition to permitting users to send recallable, erasable, self-destructing emails and video emails, BigString's patent-pending technology allows emails and pictures to be rendered non-forwardable, non-printable and non-savable before or after the recipients read them, no matter what email service provider is used.”
           This software would cause the most profound change on the Internet since its inception. To send me a recallable email, you must somehow have control of my computer. And how you could possibly prevent me from saving a copy is unbelievable. But if it works, the technology would have a voracious market numbering in the billions of customers. It seems everyone does have something to hide.
           Let me see, $1,000 now would buy 33,333 shares. If this stock goes viral, it should hit the predictable Google/Facebook range of $15.00. Let me commence to cipherin’. Yep, that’s a half a million bucks if you do it right. Do check back, this could prove an interesting run of things.

           [Author's note 2015-09-21: the stock offering disappeared. I suspect it was outlawed "for security purposes".]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++