Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 29, 2011


           Get a load of the new leader of North Korea. Real butterball, that boy. Do you get the impression this fatso has been raiding the pantry? To break the nuclear arms deadlock, offer this porker a chain of Burger Kings. There are some things money and power can’t buy, like good taste. I mean, it even hurts to look at that haircut. Since all Korean dictators have the same name, maybe the ear stubble is so we can tell them apart. Famine? What famine?
           Speaking of hypocrites, have you heard of Paul Bridges? He’s the mayor of Uvalda. He’s opposing E-Verify for farm workers, saying it destroys “the social network of Georgia”. They must be real high class round there. Illegal immigrants are costing the nation billions but the one thing on Paul’s mind is his onion crop. Paul Bridges is a Libtard traitor who doesn't give a damn about the "social network" of America.

           Let me say it again. Those who cannot produce at a profit in America must be allowed to go under. It is paramount that unprofitable businesses and individuals be allowed to fail. This is a capitalist system and anybody who wants job or business guarantees can go fly a kite. If you can’t pay an American enough to do the job, then get out of the business. If you go on Facebook, you can read how 100% of the respondents told Bridges to go to hell. Spares us the effort.
           If you like jokes, read Chase Bank’s newest privacy policy. It’s as funny as those ads on TV that suggest identity theft is your fault, not theirs. Um, isn’t the reason you put your money in the bank to protect it from theft of all kinds? Oh, I get it. They aren’t stealing your money. They are stealing your identity. It’s your fault the bank didn’t check them out like they are supposed to.
           Yep, I would still like to open a bank that really keeps people’s money in a vault. I’ll bet it would go over fantastically. Interest rates since 2003 have stunk to high heaven, so competition would not be a problem. Charge people $5 per month to keep their money. That’s nothing compared to one overdraft fee.

           How’s the rest of the gang doing this final week of the year? Of the entire original cadre, only one guy ever got married and he has no kids. Other than RofR, my boyhood comrades, spread all over the place, have remained 100% bachelors. No so with the people I went to school with and worked with. Of my grade six classmates, every one was divorced by age 28. At work, I could not keep up with who was filing. So no, most of us never had the “joys” of marriage and children, but when I learn the ordeal of others, I question that joy. (Hershel did move in with a lady, but the kids were hers and he probably didn’t have any say in how things went.)
           I’ve been cooped up. It gave me time to triple check the numbers for 2012, and into the future until 2019. Never was a budget planned so well at the non-corporate level. I miss driving in a car but I’m not ready to risk my neck. Tell you what, how about a compromise? If, in another year, there are no related health issues, I’ll test drive something nice. Shelve it for now.

           Another dead-end was writing product reviews for money. It works out to less than minimum wage and you could find yourself in the poorhouse trying to keep up with new products. What you write today doesn’t make money next month like a real residual. That’s because the product gets old and nobody reads old reviews. Well, that’s not strictly true as some 11,000 people have read mine. But it was fun while it lasted. On occasion, I update my ePinion articles to keep an eye on things.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++