Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012


           What do you make of this? I was doing some stats, some of which appear below, when I chose these two pictures of women as my type. I thought they were blurry photos, but okay. Instead, it is an “average” look constructed from thousands of photographs, see Face Research. They have software that conglomerates face pictures. Without knowing that, I intuitively and naturally chose these two women as by far the most sexually attractive. They are Finnish and German. Clearly, I must visit Europe.
           Ah, the returning joy of a Sunday off. Psychologically, it is more rewarding to stay at home with spending money than to stay home because there isn’t any. Bingo can be a wonderful thing. Of course, it was a leisurely two-hour brunch at the bakery. It is so authentic I’ve quit going anywhere else. I actually missed Theresa’s company, but I mean the way she was before she moved in, when she was still playing nice-nice.

           I watched “The New World”. What a plotless, inaccurate DVD. Expecting a thunderous epic, it is more about an all-male ship of settlers who show up empty-handed in what looks like North Carolina. One battle scene, sort of. The script continues uninspired and often hard to follow.
           Same with “Fatal Terrain” at about 1/3 through. While a serious tale, it inadvertently reveals what a standing joke American military and politics have become. Take the meeting attended by the titles House and Senate Democrats, Secretary of Defense, House Majority Leader, Senate Minority Leader, White House Chief of Staff, Secretary of State, Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman, National Security Advisor, and Attorney General. What a disgusting lot we’ve become. They left out Sailor Sam, the Bobbsey Twins, and Kermit the Frog. We are doomed.

           JP was on the line for twenty minutes. I’m not up to a round trip to Coral Gables yet, still feeling flimsy at times. I will make it a point to attend Mass one time this year. I recognize the significance of the ritual, but I am not Catholic. JP has the new truck tires and a renewed interest in investing, once again real estate is prominent. The calculations are my department. We cannot be refused a mortgage because we won’t be needing one. Reminder—this is to invest in, not to live in. There are repos right on Coral way for $100k these days. Houses, 2/2 houses, not condos.
           Either way, we wait another year. We both believe another collapse is on the way. Too many houses are not on the market, but whoever is stopping the flow eventually has to run out of money. My gut instinct tells me there should be 60,000 houses flooding the listings. Why are there only 120 in the average daily paper? And those carry half-million-dollar price tags. Where are the bargains?

           Now, something technical. I’ve long learned my readership likes it when I document the discovery process, so try this on for size. Recall Trent’s portable Tascam studio? It was with subconscious interest I must have noticed several features that weren’t obvious. While designed for recording, it would be useful as a mixer only. Look at my PA. Eight inputs, two outputs. Equalizer, effects buttons, channel settings.
           Then, I saw a similar mixer that didn’t work. While the Hippie was crying like a schoolgirl, I pulled the plugs out of the jacks one by one, noticing part of the problem was a split plug (tip-ring-sleeve) in a mono input. Thus, the pan knob acted as a volume on one speaker only, the other stereo track never made it to home plate.

           Why is this significant? It’s just a mixer, but wait. Squint a little closer. By golly, it can also record, has a built-in memory, and individually adjustable playback tracks. Eureka! Are you thinking what I’m thinking? There’s my poor man’s drum box and my MIDI-less ticket to a solo bass act. Remind me to get a disk from Cowbody Mike to dissect the file structure, oh, how I hope they are the familiar MP3 tracks.
           By 11:00 AM, I have run the concept past Ray-B, confirmed that Trent has in the past used the Tascam to run speakers without a power amp, and asked Cowboy Mike to save a sample of the raw tracks. Think of this project as similar to my idea about playing MP3s on a DVD player. Instead of waiting for used gear, I’m repurposing brand new equipment. Later, I found a BOSS unit that looks promising, but once again, the fact that the beats per minute cannot be set on the individual track is buried in a footnote on page 92.

           Trivia. According to the Stuff of Awesome, the average human in the world today is a 28 year old right-handed Chinese man with a mobile phone and no bank account. When I worked for the corporation, the average woman on staff was 34, divorced, missing 2.7 teeth, and had been on a diet over 20 years. The average woman I’ve dated in my life is light blonde, drives a yellow car, is youngest or second youngest in her family, is a college grad, has her own job, and is likely named Judy or Julie.
           Oddly, I’ve never been shacked up simply because I’ve only dated two women who didn’t a place of their own. I've dated women as long as seven years without moving in. My most common reason for dumping a woman? Not paying her half of the bills we incur as a couple. Off the table Mabel, the two bucks is for the beer.
           Do you study reverse psychology? From the same source quoted above, here is the composite photo of what I think women should find most attractive in a man’s face. But they don’t. Most women I asked rated this photo as tame, so-so, too pretty, and unexciting. Egad, except for the prominent chin and dark hair, I was a round-headed version of this dude. Women considered me "tame"? If so, none of them ever said anything. . . .

           Since it is already being asked, the woman I am least likely to date is short and overweight, a dropout, divorced, smokes anything at all, and is sexually still in Fantasyland.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++