Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012


           Here’s the music situation. None of the old gang is around any more except Cowboy Mike and myself. So Mike and I talked about what is practical. Think back, how he does about 15 tunes, all of which I learned at one time. Well, what’s changed is I can now sing, and I know another 15 tunes. We are meeting up this Wednesday. He’s got a Tascam portastudio, and like myself he wants a one night a week steady house gig somewhere. This photo is the motorcycles parked in front of Guitar Center.
           After reposting my ad [at Guitar Center], and I called Brian (Khe Sahn) to find his number is NIS (not in service). That, I believe, is the last of my old contacts in the local music industry. Except for the recording studio people who are a strange bunch if you ask me. It works like this. They buy impressive gear and try to overcharge male musicians so they can record the females for free in the hopes of scoring. You know, like photographers.

           Next, I tried contact with Julie K again, but she seems to have disappeared in 2004. I finally got through to her old tennis club and talked with Jeff, who will ask around. But he says she hasn’t been in for a couple years. Please Jeff, the eyes of this man are upon you. I left some sentimental items with her and I’m praying she didn’t finally throw them out. I doubt it, they were in a strongbox. But my luck with older women has always been spotty.

           [Author's note 2017: I will never trust a divorced woman again, particularly one with daughters. They are as bad as single mothers. My strongbox has effectively disappeared. Since I was sincerely in love with that gal, I did not retaliate in any way. But damn rights I could have. I suspect she thinks I might have come on to one of her daughters, but that is patently not true. They were not even partially attractive. But if Julie thinks I did, there would be no convincing her otherwise.]

           A few snipers at my blog y’day already think I’m terrible for conspiring to take advantage of another’s misfortune. As if people who drove house prices out of sight with borrowed money weren’t taking advantage! All I can say is you are right that it isn’t somebody else’s fault I had a heart attack. But nor is it my fault when somebody else is an idiot. Look at both sides or don’t play Pollyanna with me.

           The dance class, and it should not surprise so many people that I would attend. Could it be I know what I’m doing, that in dance class the women outnumber the men seven to one. The downside is that these will be Beta females who, at over 35 years in age, are just now learning to dance. Then, I’m more than humiliated at not having enough money to go on real dates for years now. At least I know every broad in the room was able to cough up fifty bucks.
           The [computer] callout was for one of those new Clear brand modems. This was to be put through a router to share a computer and a Globalinx voip. Instant trouble, compounded by unfamiliarity with Clear (a Motorola product). Each part was independently lined up but the whole system never worked. Turned out Globalinx is not compatible with Clear, and Clear is aware of this. Plus the router and the modem both try to provide network translation. In the end, I set up MagicJack to give the client service, took my money, and left. That was a forty-mile round trip.

           Last, a conference call with Colorado went on for nearly two hours, terminated only because everyone’s cell batteries were dying. If I was smart, I’d buy a third hand station wagon with a roof rack good for a one way trip and start driving. I’m been stuck here eight years because I didn’t have the money to move back, and I’m stuck here at least two more months by a completely insensitive stupid person who is dragging her feet knowing I’ve got a deadline. But that will pass.
           Marion and I are planning a summer together, or at least the better part of it. We reminisced about Oregon, the week we spent there in 1994(?). We rented a beachfront condo or was it a motel? Back then I was semi-rich, I’d regularly travel to Lincoln City and Depoe Bay with sexy women (although Marion and I are not involved). We’d have the whole beach and town to ourselves at a tenth the cost of on-season. Marion made us pork chops and gravy every other day.

           We did one day see a truly marvelous event. Most animals in nature are absorbed with survival, but we saw seagulls actually playing with a stick. Around fifty feet off our balcony, one would drop the stick, another would swoop in and take it back up and drop it in turn. They even knew we were watching. We did not have a video camera. We drove the Cadillac that week. We’ve been best friends more than 30 years now.
           I’ve asked her for copies of the pictures, she reports that very few of them show me. I’m finding that I’ve never been a camera hound even when I was supposed to be. That phone call made my day. To hell with the nasty people in the world, I’m going back home this summer for at least a little while.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++