Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15, 2012

           Here’s the five minor pentatonic scale patterns (or boxes or shapes) that constitute most of the lead breaks you’ve ever heard, especially the Blues. This isn’t my chart and I’m not giving any credit since it is one a countless that show the same thing. The red dots are the octaves, you move this up and down the neck of the guitar to change keys. The key shown here is G, but start learning in A because the strings are easier to bend near the middle of the neck. All the recent hoopla about guitar boils down to this chart.
           Once again, the Nashville tune is topic of the day. When I say this one is different, I mean from the experience I have with around 30 other similar arrangements or sequences that were like arrangements in my life so far. This time something extra is impelling things along. The crowd I run with can be expected to speak up. The music is more than liked by everyone who hears it. Each element of the song has a background that I could document
           One example is the single word, “whyn’t”, a contrived contraction of “why don’t”. I can’t begin to describe the hours of mental gymnastics sunk into the creation of this word, and the reasoning for its placement in the lyrics where it is. It would take a month-long chapter to explain the compulsion to invent such a word in the first place, “Well, you see . . .”. We know the product is past the preliminaries and it will get recorded as soon as I can afford it. Isn’t that something?
           Aha, who recalls our chat about REO, the bank “Real Estate Owned” account? Lots of people can tell you what it is, but I’m the one who gave the details about maximums. Each bank can mortgage only properties in its own geographical area and there is a maximum number they can repossess at any given time. That number is usually 150 although it is difficult as hell to find this data for an individual branch. But do I care if I can tell when that bank is over its limit? Stay with me here.
           Suppose that bank gets its 151st repo. What happens? If it is high-priced, they are compelled to dump a house of less value on the market so they don’t go over-limit. That’s what I’m talkin’ about. There is at least one branch finally beginning to dump in West Palm Beach although it is in high-crime areas like Mangonia Park. Still, the saturation has to begin somewhere and it only takes one bank to rattle the foundations. I’ll be watching. My REO operational knowledge is from another state, so double check everything and don’t take anything I say as financial advice. I’m in it for me, not for you.
           I’ve decided to not publish the first draft of the following, as it represented my theory of how the Yuppie-Hippie generation screwed America up and are themselves now headed for the skids. True, they protested an undeclared war, but in doing so convinced themselves they’d done their bit. But it was them that went on to condone massive illegal immigration, insane house prices, life-long welfare, and a free hand to irresponsible politicians. It was “un-cool” to protest those things.
           Worse, they called down those who did protest as rednecks, racist, etc. My theory includes how the Yuppies lived their lives on credit and thus realizing they had thereby given up any hope of anonymity or privacy, so therefore became obsessed with appearing “cool” even to strangers. One reason for my self-censorship is how little mercy or empathy I have for these people. I hope they go hungry and learn what poverty is like.
           These people acted the do-gooders when it was others at large who had to pony up the taxes for their pet programs. Taxes were the single highest expense of my working life, something like a half-million dollars, for which I will never begin to get a decent return. But, you ask, what is it I have against such people? I’m glad you asked.
           When I hit 21, I wanted to buy a house and get married like everyone else. What I found out is those whose daddy did set them up developed a smug attitude that they were more deserving in this life. In those days, a mortgage required 20% down. The Yuppie’s and their borrowed money forced house prices up faster than I could save the down payment. In the five years it took me (back then) to save $10,000the house prices spiraled up another $25,000 and you get the idea. And how they laughed.
           Now that the pool of taxpayers is withering theYuppies face the real prospect of having to pay for their favorite excesses. Now that it’s too late, they want to close the borders (Arizona), curb money-printing (the Wall Street thing), and bring home the troops (Diplomat). Funny how they all become hypocrites the instant it’s their own kind losing ground.
           They were obeying authority when they should have been questioning it.