Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012

           “The Worm That Turned”, the Two Ronnies. It’s old Brit humor from before the flood, but mentioning it does wonders for my ratings. The wit can be tricky at times but everyone laughs at the accents. It makes more sense if you know that “worm” meant a type of spy like what we’d call a “mole”. English comedy could give us a lot of lessons on how to create entertainment on a budget. The same production here would overpay the talker and have a patterned sheet for the backdrop.
           The club now has a Lexus. I didn’t say a new Lexus, but not an old one either. They are a luxury car, I must say, even though my days of luxury cars are gone unless the economy collapses. So there’s still hope. Agent M has the dash rewired to touch screen controls. And I’m checking into buying two more Arduinos.
           This got me out of the quiet shade of my house and up to Dania Beach where I purchased the November issue of Scientific American. I dunno. Except for some opinions on global warming, in which the author blamed carbon dioxide for both the warming and ice ages, it wasn’t great reading. Anything new? Well, yes. An intellectual dating club, or at least the advertisement for such on page 24.
           The premise is that only intellectuals would find such a singles club appealing. That’s nice and jives with my dormant concept that the easiest way to empty a bar is to require all men present to give a good reason why they should get sex. Enter Science Connection . Of course, I’m looking. An intellectual gal would be the one thing I’ve not tried in Florida, for obvious reasons. Look over their ad as pictured here, that’s what I’m doing. It lacks flourish as does the web site. I like that.
           “The world is a crowded Petri dish.” These and other catch phrases show somebody with a brain is behind this site, and they are also “past university age”. It is already clear the testimonials are real, the response rate of a claimed 67% beats other clubs by eleven times, and a whopping 62% of females are professionally active in the sciences. The searching and matching is done by the members, not the management. I’m looking but my money says the next nearest member will be a good two days drive out of this town.
           Browse the sample profiles. I’m looking very closely at these women. This world isn’t known for being full of women who announce they like smart men. It takes uncommon courage. Know what I’m sayin’?

ADDENDUM
           More electronics so it is back to the Arduino. No way can I get further with component building until I get some real hands-on experience. To that effect, you will soon meet Jay, who is the first person I’ve met who knows Arduino coding. We met at the magazine rack and traded phone numbers, and he’s got a workbench. The instant agreement is that electronics is far more fun when you belong to a club. Working alone is like treading water uphill.
           And, he recognizes the revolution about to happen with 3D printers. The winning type, I conjecture, will move the print head (extruder) in two dimensions, the third movement will be the print bed. This likely means finer control and less maintenance. Either way, I am not anywhere near the total financial commitment of operating this appliance. It was invented in 2007 (the RepRap) and I first mentioned the prototype (Apple) in December, 2009.
           If you follow that same link, you might note I referenced “dinker”, my concept for an improved turn-signal alert. Most people can claim they had the same basic idea, but I went further to describe what made my version better. My publication presented the problem in my characteristic fashion and my logic flows from start to finish, not in endless circles over one facet. Anyone who copies my pattern on that is a dead ringer of a plagiarist for my ideas, as well.
           I can’t prove a thing, but the Nov. 2012 Nuts & Volts has an article of amazing parallels. The writers for that magazine always fixate on the circuit, but here is a departure. It reads like expected until the description of how the blinker has to get progressively louder as the car speeds up. They call it a chirper. Let’s just say I know when somebody is parroting back my own material. I don’t believe in coincidence. The only thing the article didn’t mention was my scooter installation. They didn’t dare.
           Back to the new guy. He runs a security service and expressed delight at finally meeting people organized to his hobby. We have a tentative meeting to examine stepper motors and 3D printing. His lab is in Biscayne Park, across from Bal Harbor. It’s the part of the whole east coast I know the least about. Here is the line of code we’ve already dissected: 793 G1 X-5.5075 Y3.8252 Z18 F744. Feel free to take a stab at it, I’ll even give you a hint. The F744 is your federate. No fair contacting that freak Patsie in Ontario, who knows everything there is to know about being a programmer. Or so we’ve been told.

fake two dollars bills the two ronnies the worm that turned 30 hundred dollar bill consumer budget constraint empirical holly halston news how to build a pvc bed frame how to make a pvc bed frame model airplane engines pvc bed frame small straw bales for sale