Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25, 2015

Yesteryear
One year ago today: August 25, 2014, the most counterfeited . . .
Five years ago today: August 25, 2010, time to move.
Six years ago today: August 25, 2009, how I play dumb.

MORNING
           Yep, there is trouble brewing. I was home all day nursing my leg except for coffee at dusk. I bought a small magazine, a bag jelly beans, coffee and toast. Cost me $15. I can afford it, but prices are getting brutal. Put this into perspective of your own purchases, but what I buy [food, mainly] is 2 to 3 times what it was in 2010. Are you sure you will survive such an experience in your own time? I don’t think so. I say, trouble on the way.
           And here is your photo of how America is too “tolerant”. The guy not only has the right to just pass out, he has the right to do so in front of the supermarket. Poor guy, so sad, there is no way he could pass out fifty miles away where nobody has to smell him. You need not ask what race or nation this guy is from, but I can tell you that our nation has just been culturally enriched. Yet again.
           Ha! I just lost a bet to a pal. In a sense I won, because I bet a night out on the supposition than Trump would eventually have one of the trouble-makers thrown out of his rally. I was secretly hoping it would be one of the painted up hussies, but it turned out to be one of the most anti-American scumbags in the state of Florida. Jorge Ramos.
           Of course, what do you expect from a stereotype like that. He seems to defend the position that anybody from Mexico of any stripe has a right to enter America and help themselves. Finally, he got his stupid ass kicked out. I’m not and have never defended Trump on principle, but I have strong view on those whose position is to criticize and attack Trump for their own purposes.
           Foremost in that group is the likes of Ramos. That’s the group with the obvious agenda of denying anything is wrong while waiting for 2044, when illegals take over the country. Ramos is not present to seek information, but to cause disruption. Yes, this has precedent, but it should be noted that the purpose of political rallies is not to provide a forum for dissenters.
           As for the rights of anchor babies, it is clear to anyone with any intelligence that American law was intended to apply only to American citizens, parents here legally, or somewhat to those awaiting citizenship and even then only probationally in the extreme.

NOON
           Here is a photo of noon activity. Sure, the club has not built any robots, but the club has long since learned the other stuff. Like how to repair the insanity of other products nobody else will touch. Take for instance, this 1967 heavy duty Italian steam iron. Nobody in town would look at it. Retailing at $1,000 new, it is understandable we were called in for the project. Without a repair manual, you will need people who can reverse engineer the device. This is rarely cheap even if you can find somebody
           Shown here is the feed valve. That item is responsible for supplying steam to the iron. This happens via a hose because small “household” irons would never keep up. We dismantled the brass coupling shown here and found it to be clogged by a calcium-like crystalline substance.
           You don’t have to recall the oven we repaired at the bakery last year, or the electric bicycles we’ve built. But don’t scoff how well we manage to repair the strangest of tools.
           I may not be significantly stressing the importance of these repairs. We have zero training in appliance or tool repair, the deed is don’t using techniques applied from the study of robots. It should probably also be noted that these repairs are all by referral and often situations where there is simply nobody else who knows how to fix such things.
           Strange, whenever I glance at this photo of the steam generator from a distance, I keep seeing the police badge of Sgt. Joe Friday.

NIGHT
           The day of the handyman may be ending for America. I mean the commercial handyman, not the man who knows how to fix his own gear. That will never go out of style. I had a lady show me once again the proper way to measure, cut, and hem my own slacks. I need to learn the entire process, from realization that a new pair can be modified, to the cutting, sewing, and listening to the nonsense of why they don’t fit like they told you. They never do, at least not for me.
           Ha, did I or didn’t I say Trump and Coulter would get together on matters. And that joke of a jerk I’d never heard of before, Jorge Ramos, got up and lied through his teeth about the incident afterward. I don’t know why Trump bothers to tolerate that racist prick. Ramos may be a “news anchor” but he plainly has a personal political agenda and he’s using Trump’s rallies to promote it. If Ramos feels that strongly about immigration, he should run for president. And see how far he gets.
           Ramos has also taken to bellering that Trump has "lost the Latino vote". He hasn't but somebody should inform Jose that I don't think Trump really cares about the Latino vote any more. In fact, he might be wise to adopt the same attitude as he does with lobbyist money. Don't take any special interest money or votes. Then once he's in, he owes them nothingl
           He lies saying two guards kicked him out. It was one and nobody got kicked. Ramos spoke without be recognized by the chair, he used the typical anti-Trump nonsense of asking a question and then talking over top of the Donald when the answer is given. Ramos says we can’t kick out 11 million people. I say we can kick out 11 million and one.
           And if any readers here have begun to notice a pattern between certain events in the Trump campaign and the fact they got mentioned or predicted here almost one month earlier in each case, yes, I’ve picked up on that myself. I’ll need time to verify that, but the usual tip-off is not the reworded videos, but the order in which they appear. If it (the order or the frequency) matches this blog, I say that is unfair usage.

ADDENDUM
           I watched an interesting (to me) documentary about an Amish family. I think the Old Order people are overboard with their interference in what are normally private affairs. But they are changing too. Actually, they are changing into Mennonites. Anyway, the video (no link) was highly amusing because watching it explains a lot of my outlook on matters. For example, the Amish wife did not know (or care) who the president was and did not know there was a war going on.
           When asked about “family planning”, the couple suspiciously eyed the camera and said they think they knew “what that meant” and no, had nothing to do with it. Whatsoever. Some say they are out of touch, if so, then so am I. I’m not that bad, but I could not tell you who the vice president is and only know who the president is because he’s made such an ass of himself. I know there is a war somewhere, but other than the soldiers, who cares?
           The Amish family brought back memories for me. The old wringer washer, no electronic gadgets, church every second Sunday, no musical instruments, but any similarity to my parents ended before it started. That’s correct. Every other Sunday, in between, the meetings are held at the house of anyone whose place is large enough for ten families. Bet you didn’t know that.


Last Laugh

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++