Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015

Yesteryear
One year ago today: September 28, 2014, sample search warrant quip.
Five years ago today: September 28, 2010, cancel my ticket?
Six years ago today: September 28, 2009, a lively post.

           This photo gets top billing because it shows liquid flowing on Mars. My greatest hope left in life is that they discover life on another planet. I have personal reasons for this and it puts a cork into a lot of people I think desperately need it. I got the pictures to display, but could not cut down the size, so I hope this looks right on your device.



MORNING
           How would you like to live in Alabama? Or Tennessee? There is a price slump in that area. I’m not fussy where I live, as long as it is near enough to town. They get winter up there, but it’s not that bad. Compared to Montana, I mean. It’s an alternative to central Florida where prices are, for no apparent reason, climbing several hundred dollars per month. If I had a comfortable enough place in another state, I could buy a junker cabin anywhere in Florida just in case there was a harsh winter.
           This is a place I could pick up for $32,000. Almost an acre and a half, 3 bed 2 bath, but a little far from town, and there is no university in driving distance. Yet this is typically what I’m seeking. There are tech schools and colleges nearby, but I prefer the rarified atmosphere of a university. More my kind of people, that’s all.
           This photo is only representative, not something I’m considering right now. But the area is demographically somewhat equivalent to Arcadia of Florida. Population 10,000. Most local industry on the decline, hence the dropping prices. Centrally located, an hour to four or five big cities. Quiet and private.
           Did you see the tale of the lady who faked her disappearance in Germany 31 years ago? It seems all she wanted was no contact with her family and to be left alone. Like in America, that is not allowed. While not charged with any crimes, she will be required to “register formally” with the authorities. As a Libertarian, I consider that so wrong. If she’s done nothing wrong and wants to be left alone, what’s that the business of anyone else? Those who don’t like it could, in my opinion, always be lined up and shot. I would not object to that.
           But don’t get me wrong. Anonymity is dependent on her not having committed any crimes, collected welfare, and a host of things that involve being a burden on the public purse. The point is, she appears to never have harmed anybody. That would be like my family declaring me missing. Bull, they don’t give a damn, but they would do anything to get the gossip churn back working again. That’s what most “concerned” people are really after—getting their noses into other’s business.

NOON & NIGHT
           Starbucks. Unable to fall asleep thanks to a nagging cough, I was tired enough to take the time to work the Sunday crossword for several hours. Or maybe it is because having deadened taste buds makes the Starbucks coffee palatable. They now call their non-candy coffee “regular”. So when you ask for decaf, they need to know if that is regular. Meaning not iced or latte or some other confection. They’ve got Millennial marketing down pat, that outfit.
           Sure, there was an event took place. Not that unusual for me. This drop-dead gorgeous East Indian lady came in, I’d say around 24-ish, at most. Probably an actress or similar, carrying a laptop but also a pen and paper, which caused me to glance. Ah, somebody actually getting work done. She saw that is what intrigued me, and she picked up that I saw she was busy. However, the place was full of hipsters with their computer toys and earbuds, all staring at her. The way she was dressed invited that, so she was not the innocent.
           Since I was the only polite man in the place, I never directly looked at her. So I thought later I’d Ixquick a representative photo of the lady. This web page of East Indian movie stars or something came up. What do you know? While I can’t be sure, this picture might be the actual lady. If not, she has got to be this lady's younger sister.
           After less than five minutes of this treatment, she got walked across the room and pulled up the chair next to me at the big work table. We never spoke but for the next two hours, a simple scowl from me was enough to keep the pseudo-frat boys from drooling too much. She paced her task, whatever it was, and got up to leave right at the same time as I started packing. What I can’t figure is how she read me that well. I’m not exactly the kindly old man type.

           What’s this, another jock dies showing off? Seems he jumped out of an airplane and hit a tree. Sounds pretty self-inflicted to me. This is not the blog to go looking for pity for stupid jocks who wind up killing themselves. As far as I’m concerned, that is one less barfly to contend with twenty years from now. Besides, there are always countless big and stupid “action sports stars” to take his place. Actually, there isn’t much else they can do, but we won’t go there. His wife and two kids are now society’s responsibility, no matter what insurance she gets. Just you wait and see.
           Or how about that law suit that Porsche didn’t take “adequate” precautions to protect the occupants of its cars. That’s occupants who manage to drive a “street-legal race car” at high speed into both a tree and a lamp post. Why, that is obviously Porche’s fault, 100%. Apparently the car burst into flames, but you’d think everyone in the movies knows that’s what happens to cars when they crash.
           Just kidding there, but stop to think how fast you’d have to travel to rupture a gas tank. At least 90+, which is illegal anywhere in America. The action alleges the car has "a history of instability and control issues." Yeah? What about the people who ride them down city streets at 90 mph? Strange how they call such accidents “reckless”.
           Yes folks, the empire is in decline.


Last Laugh

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++