Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Friday, March 9, 2001

March 9, 2001


           Alfredo and I did the Ugly Tuna. I think we lost the gig to a guy with “island influence”. That means he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Anyway, no gig but we went to Church (Churchill’s Pub). Judy the mouse actually talked to me—but there was an ulterior motive. Of course.

           [Author’s note 2016-02-17: This days is crystal clear in my memory. The Hippie had scheduled the gig, so Alfredo and I drove there in my Cadillac, all the way to south Miami. The Hippie not only did not show, when we walked in there was this other guy playing. So, we stood in with him for a set, and then went to Churchill’s looking to confront the Hippie. Wisely, he was not there.
           We were to learn later the Hippie was famous for this kind of fiasco. He maintained later he never had time to call us that the gig was canceled. Liar, turned out he has nothing but time. Even spends some of it in solitary.]


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++