Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Monday, December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018

Yesteryear
One year ago today: December 10, 2017, start breaker panel.
Five years ago today: December 10,2013, working by feel.
Nine years ago today: December 10,2009, boll weevil evil
Random years ago today: December 10, 2006, employee Arlahe #8979.

           Back at the renovations, I installed most of the remaining soundproofing and now we wait for Agt. R to call with a lift for the drywall. My electric bill was monstrous this month, $132 is approximately twice normal, but I did run the space heaters during the cold spell. No squawking, it’s that or shiver and there’s some things I’m beyond if the only consideration is money. I was trying to edit videos, but as mentioned, Sony MP4 is not your standard MP4. Here’s a still from the videos, this one is part of the adult choir over in Punta Gorda.
           All part of the excellent concert of 2018, the season. There is another similar event in a week and I’m invited. On the way over y’day, I noticed my cruise control was not working. I always use it when possible so that’s a priority repair. Actually, I feel a little guilty heading off to Xmas concerts but can’t say why. Let’s say I have to await the outcome of a situation where the world normally expects one to be moping about.

           The weather turned cool again, so it was inside work if any. I’m putting it off, but I have to get back into that attic and finish with the electric. It is still interconnected with the old spider-web system and I’d really like to pull out all of that old cloth-wound wiring. I’ve left a series of messages with Rick the Plumber to get ready for the job, but he can take a week to reply. He called when I was half-way across Wyoming but I think he said he’s okay with working right through Xmas, meaning he probably never got back with his ex. The lure is getting out of Miami, which has become a third-world garbage heap. The few whites that count live in gated communities.
           As soon as that spare bedroom is ready, you do the work, you can stay for free as long as reasonably possible. I wondered why, once I moved here, so few people from the south had ever visited the interior. Yet they often talked about it. Because, unless you know somebody, there is no reasonably priced accomodations and the fact is, this area is half-way “out” of the state, so why stop here? Press on until dark, type of thing. Plus, like most of America, twin big cities nearby can bleed the spirit out of the towns in between. Nothing there to see any more.

           Should I say anything? The reason I’d like to hit that other concert is I’ve been informed I have at least two secret admirers. Alaine is not the conduit, rather I tend to flirt with every woman or gal that I find attractive. No guys, I do not hit on them. Never have. I’m the type that quickly sizes up what a gal is thinking and maybe ‘facilitate’ is a better term that ‘flirt’.
           Am I any good at it? We’ll let some other factors decide that. There is also the simple reality that since I was young, I look good in a suit and tie. It would be folly to be bragging over something so easy to prove. It’s actually sad, because my best pal back then never looked good in pinstripes and he became a lawyer.
           Here’s a rare picture of me flirting. Yes, for those of you who remember LA television commercials in the 80s and 90s, that is the yacht lady. What? I hear a few of you saying the picture is far too blurry to identify anyone. You know, you are absolutely right about that. Pat yourselves on the back. As low as you can. This blog is PG13. What again? Oh, she’s holding a giant avocado. Grows ‘em in her back yard. And what’s rare is the picture, not me flirting.


Picture of the day.
Glamping.
(click second link to see about glamping)
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           Here’s a good one. Actually four times this happened. The opportunity to speak up and think it through is closer than I supposed, so now is the time. Any budding psychology types can read what you can into this. I’ve thought, since day one, my place looks funny from the street. Because it does. But lately, I’ve run into a spate of women who think the place is ‘darling’. Normally, zoom, I don’t believe or remember it. But here we have women who live in virtual mansions by comparison. The snag is when I responded with the usual, “Thanks.” I got myself a talking to. These women meant what they said.
           It’s me who thinks all or most women who live in fancy properties are content. Did I not just get upbraided over this lunatic idea recently in Nashville? I ain’t dumb, I can easily imagine how lonely some women can be in a big empty house, but at the same time I can imagine how so many of them got there. And in that case, why yes, I do have a cute little cabin and yes, I do live there alone. Because, Tootsie, it is very unlikely I would live with a woman who just needed a place to stay. Exception? Taylor. She can waltz in here any time and set up shop. She could even help herself to my Carnation. But I don’t think anyone’s about to scream hypocrisy over that.

           This is your random trip photo. I’ve culled a few dozen from the 800 trip pics especially for the blog. This curious sign is on an off-ramp in either Flagstaff or Albuquerque. It’s a road stating the distance to Wilmington, NC. It’s 2,554 miles from here. Alas, I did not have time to find the story behind it, but here’s your op to search on it. I was in a rush to get to Thanksgiving dinner, alright. But I did stop for coffee and pancakes. What else would I be doing on an off-ramp in Arizona? My oath that entire state is one sterile looking stretch.

ADDENDUM
           I’m back wrestling with MicroSoft, which has never done a thing right in history. They impose crap on the world until it becomes a standard. I wish they would die and go away and let some outfit take over who knows how to program and fix problems. They have had persistent errors that should have been resolved decades ago. Like, what part of “end now” or “cancel print” don’t those blithering idiots understand. It means stop now, then take care of all your stupid coding blind alleys on your own time. But no, I mean, how many times have you had half a print run spit out before the cancel takes effect.
           The one I like is the modular window that opens and sits there. You can’t close it, you can’t do anything else but wait it out. The all-time classic is putting the rename and delete buttons beside each other, but the winner has to be when you insert a flash drive, you have to scroll down to the second list item on the list before you see the “view files” option. Millennials must have so few files, they remember them without opening the list—or is there some other explanation?
           But foremost on the MicroSoft hate list are: Calibri 11, png, and the total retard search function that has never worked right. In fact, they’ve made the search function worse over the subsequent releases. They must have a department that specializes if screwing it up.

Last Laugh
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Return Home
++++++++++++++++++++++++++