Search This Blog

Yesteryear

Saturday, February 2, 2019

February 2, 2019

One year ago today: February 2, 2018, law after law.
Five years ago today: February 2, 2014, a "mixed" neighborhood.
Nine years ago today: February 2, 2010, reviewing Norton.
Random years ago today: February 2, 2005, the Argus camera.

           While I'm still chewing on that weird club last night and why we wound up there, we took the dogs on a major walk around the lake. If you see photos, I returned to get them becauae my camera was stone dead this morning. It's a fairly large and pretty lake just to the south and the shore is a geological formation I'd not seen before. It was eroded shale or sandstone that eventually came to resemble large pieces of a jigsaw puzzle all lying flat around each other. We also found a walking stick with neat beaver-tooth marks. As usual, most of where she walked, men in fishing boats decided to try that spot just fifty feef offshore.
           The lake is also a mixed temperate forest, the eastern variety that is easy to walk through, so we took our time. Oddly, she got me talking about the Arduino. She is into on-line marketing which I don't have the patience for. Plus, we are content people rather than the shallow types that push on-line streams of income. I say there is a market for how-to videos of my bass playing, she's of the opinion the music tutorial field is saturated.
           Before I forget, we grabbed breakfast at some celebrity joint. That's the thing about Nashville is every pub, cafe, and car wash has at some time had somebody stop there. It gets bothersome to keep track of who and what, so we just go. This place had some kind of neat guitar player, doing an excellent job. I ordered a breakfast sandwich and it arrived skewered as shown here. Needless to say, this initiated a five-minute joke-fest as to how it symbolizes our relationship since last November.

Picture of the day.
Ingrid Bergman.
Remember to use BACK ARROW to return to blog.

           My ex and I are spending what amounts to a lot of time together, more than imagined not so long ago. This is not the place to rehash the relationship, but there are things of general interest I can report. We remain 90% compatible and still have the habit of impacting each other's behavior. To this day, she still does not have or watch television, and you can find me walking the dogs as much as three times per day. I eat as little of the same foods she does yet I'm not a vegetarian and there are at least 160 books in her house. These are probably nothing to a lot of couples, but with us there is a direct link.
           Last evening left us tired. Her chosen work uses up a lot of energy and I'm not totally recovered, so all day we were, in her words, drained to the core. I had to sleep in plus a siesta, we walked the dogs for two hours, this after noon I took them for a car ride and later an evening stroll while she was already sound asleep. What you won't see is more photos of the vegan place were visited last Thanksgiving. We didn't go. It's an hour and a half drive from here; we canceled out.

           Instead, we have taken to going on long, long walks with the dogs. Very long walks and sometimes four per day. There's nothing to tell, really, this is the ordinary process of any couple who get reacquainted later in life. Yes, things for us have been as unrelenting and unfair as for anyone. We're happy enough, but we were not spared a thing nor did we ge any breaks for playing by the rules. There will always be a suspicion that all hardships are brought on, but this is one of those rare situations where that is simply, simply not the case.
           I can assure you, that for us, there have been no rewards for good behavior. About the best to be said is you get to avoid the punishments for the bad, but I hardly think many epics will be written glorifying the stick over the carrot. Myself, I want to get home in a day or two. It's nice here, but this is her space. We seem to both be the type that fill a room with energy and the room is only so big. Maybe we can visit more in another month, but I'm all talked out and walked out and just want to go home.

ADDENDUM
           Once again, I ran into that millennial agent concept. You do all the work, then hire them as your agent to perform some mysterious tasks or 15% of the revenue. You design and build the product, you find the customers, you bring it to the brink of success all by yourself. Then at the last moment, cut them in for a profit. Now, I have no doubt these "agents" feel they are fully busy and occupied, and I'll bet they could prove it. All I want to know is what it is they actually do. That's all.
           Until then, they get 0%. By the way, that is also why very few bands ever hire an agent. I hear these stories of how the agent made them a success, my question is simply, "How?"

Last Laugh